ParanoidAndroid certainly has been making a name for itself. This ROM takes UIs to a whole new level by combining phone and tablet interfaces into one gorgeous and unique UI that you can enjoy on your mobile device. A number of phones have been able to enjoy ParanoidAndroid and this time, it's the Galaxy Nexus' turn, but it isn't just the hybrid UI that device owners should be excited about.
The latest version (2.51) of ParanoidAndroid ROM for the Galaxy Nexus brings something new to the table: the Per-App COLOR option, PA's newest invention. What does this mean? Not only can you scale apps individually and choose their interface; you can also enjoy your phone fading into the color definition of your current app. Open the Facebook app on your device and watch as its blue takes over your notification bar and your soft-button navigation menu. The ROM even lets you dabble with opacity and to create as many combinations as you like.
This guide shows you how to flash ParanoidAndroid ROM for the Galaxy Nexus I9250.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, model number GT-I9250. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250, with custom recovery installed (TWRP Recovery preferred). For help, see these guides:
- Download the following to your computer:
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the ParanoidAndroid ROM file and the Google Apps package to your Galaxy Nexus' internal SD card.
- Turn your Galaxy Nexus off.
- Boot into Recovery. You can do this by pressing and holding the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons until the screen turns on.
- Make a NANDroid Backup. Select Backup and Restore and select Backup.
- [Do this only if your phone uses another ROM or runs ParanoidAndroid version lower than 2.20] Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Confirm on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card. Select Choose ZIP from SD card and select the ParanoidAndroid ROM.
- Repeat step 6 and this time, choose the Google Apps package.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition. Confirm on the next screen.
- Select Advanced and select Wipe Dalvik Cache. Confirm on the next screen.
- Select Go Back and select Reboot System Now.
Congratulations! ParanoidAndroid ROM is now on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250. How are you liking that unique tablet and phone hybrid UI? More importantly, how do you find the Per-App COLOR feature? Do you feel that your apps are breathing your whole user interface to life? Let us know by leaving a comment below.