All great ROMs become even more awesome with the right kernel. Unfortunately, pre-cooked ROMs don’t always have the kernels with the modifications that you need. That is why some experienced users flash kernels to improve performance, speed, or battery life. However, if you want a kernel for your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 that is stable and fast, then the kernel known as Leankernel by XDA Developers member jackpham will work best for you.
The LeanKernel is one of the many well known kernels in the Nexus forums. Aside from its stable and up-to-date build, the developer has removed unnecessary kernel components and has overclocked it to 1.65 gigahertz to make the kernel run faster. RAMDisk has also been tweaked with custom SR tuning and SoundControl. This kernel is also compatible with all Jelly Bean releases. There is more to this lean kernel than what meets the eyes, so try this stable and fast kernel now.
This guide shows you how to flash Leankernel for the Galaxy Nexus I9250.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, model number GT-I9250. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- Check out our guide on how to install ClockworkMod Recovery on the Galaxy Nexus.
- Download the file appropriate for your firmware version:
- Make sure your device’s battery still has at least 70% power. You don’t want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the LeanKernel ZIP file to your phone’s SD card.
- Turn your phone off.
- Boot into Fastboot Mode by holding down the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons until Fastboot boots.
- Using the Volume buttons, navigate to Recovery Mode and select it by pressing the Power button.
- Make a NANDroid Backup. Select Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP from SD Card > select the Leankernel ZIP file > Yes.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now.
Hooray! You have flashed the Leankernel on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250. You now have a lean, mean, and fast machine to give you the extra boost of power you need.