A quick jaunt around the XDA Developers Forum and you can see, as plain as day, that there is just no shortage of ways you can enjoy Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Every developer has his/her own recipe for this delicious treat. If you're into the sweet original taste of vanilla, browse around and you're sure to find a ROM that you'll love. If you like the darker things in life, however, you can enjoy some black indulgence on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 with the help of the BAKED Black Bean ROM.
Black Bean 6 was built from the ground up using Android 4.1.1 before the developers gave it a twist with cherrypicks from a lot of great ROMs. You get AOKP's toggles and CyanogenMod's Power widgets, lockscreen shortcuts, lockscreen weather, and lockscreen calendar. Of course, there are some BAKED goodies in there, too, such as a fully customized MMS app and all the system apps and Google apps inverted for your black pleasure.
This guide shows you how to flash BAKED Black Bean ROM for the Galaxy Nexus I9250.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, model number GT-I9250. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250, with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Download the following to your computer:
- Blackbean V6 ROM
- BAKED Google Apps
- Original Link (gappsinverted-jb-20121016-signed.zip, md5sum: e075ce4e468f61a94fa22969d7f0e467)
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the Blackbean ROM and the BAKED Google Apps to your Galaxy Nexus' internal SD card.
- Turn off your Galaxy Nexus.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. You can do this by pressing and holding the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons until the screen turns on.
- Make a NANDroid Backup. Select Backup and Restore and select Backup.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Confirm on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD card and select the Black Bean ROM to begin installation.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 and select the BAKED Google Apps file.
- Select Go Back and select Reboot System Now.
Great job! Your Galaxy Nexus has now been BAKED with the Blackbean ROM. How do you find the ROM so far? Is it black enough for you or do you want to go even darker? Let us know by leaving a comment below.