If there's anything that horror movies have taught us, it's that when you switch off the lights, creepy crawlies come out to play.
It's not just because of Hollywood that people have come to fear the dark. It's basic human instinct to be afraid of places you can't see very well in. In fact, you could say that the dark makes us rightfully paranoid.
Not all things dark and paranoid are bad, however. Especially when they're amazing ROMs like Dark ParanoidAndroid.
If you've hung around Android Authority long enough, you'll know that there are a number of great ROMs out there that have become Android household names. ParanoidAndroid is one of them, delivering an extremely unique UI that takes a phone interface and a tablet interface and blends them into one ROM.
Several ROMs have built themselves from ParanoidAndroid but none are as paranoid as Dark ParanoidAndroid. Developed by XDA Developers member DaXmax, Dark ParanoidAndroid for your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 is 100% built off of ParanoidAndroid sources, contains some AOKP features, and has a good injection of Team BAKED.
This guide shows you how to flash Dark ParanoidAndroid ROM for the Galaxy Nexus I9250.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, model number GT-I9250. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Download the following to your computer:
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the Dark ParanoidAndroid ROM and the Inverted GApps files to your Galaxy Nexus' internal SD card.
- Turn off your Galaxy Nexus.
- Boot into Fastboot Mode. You can do this by holding down the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons until Fastboot boots.
- Use the Volume buttons to select Recovery Mode option, then press the Power button to select it. An Android with a red warning triangle appears. Hold down the Power button, then tap Volume Up once to enter Recovery Mode.
- Make a NANDroid Backup. Select Backup and Restore and select Backup.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset. Confirm on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD card and select the Dark ParanoidAndroid ROM.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 and select the Inverted GApps file.
- Select Go back.
- Select Reboot system now.
Your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 has now gotten more paranoid, thanks to the Dark ParanoidAndroid ROM. Great job!