A custom ROM based on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean build JRO03L from AOSP sources has recently been released for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250. For Samsung Galaxy Nexus users, this is not new to them. The Samsung Galaxy Nexus is among the most popular devices that constantly receive attention from custom ROM developers. Currently, there are a lot of custom ROMs for this device based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Among these custom ROMs is the AOSP-based Codename Android ROM, considered as one of the fastest and smoothest custom ROMs available for the Galaxy Nexus and other Android phones. Like AOKP Jelly Bean and CyanogenMod 10, Codename Android has a long list of customization features.
This guide shows you how to flash Codename Android 3.5.0 ROM for the Galaxy Nexus I9250.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with theSamsung Galaxy Nexus, model number GT-I9250. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Copy the Codename Android ROM and GApps package ZIP files to your phone’s internal SD card.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. You can do this by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons together until your phone screen turns on. Select the Recovery mode option by using the Volume buttons and select it by tapping the Power button.
- NOTE: While in recovery, use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an option.
- Create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. Go to Backup and Restore and select Backup on the next screen. Wait until your phone completely creates a backup of your ROM.
- Perform a full wipe by doing the following:
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe cache partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Install ZIP from SD card, then select Choose ZIP from SD card.
- Locate and select the Codename Android ROM ZIP file. Confirm the installation by selecting Yes on the next screen.
- Once the installation is complete, repeat step 6, but use the GApps ZIP file. Confirm on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Reboot system now to restart your phone. The first boot should take 5-7 minutes.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the Codename Android ROM based on AOSP Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.