Freedom is one of the key features of Android devices. You can do anything with your Android device as long as you have the resources and the knowledge to do it. You can even install an AOKP custom ROM with a twist of the Samsung Galaxy S3′s TouchWiz 5 user interface on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250.
ROMs cooked up by the developer participants of the Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) are among the most popular custom ROMs for Android phones. This ROM features the pure look of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich with a few performance and personalization tweaks onboard.
Meanwhile, TouchWiz is Samsung’s well-loved (or well-hated, depending on which side of the fence you’re on) skin for its Android devices. Although this skin doesn’t contain amazing effects and outstanding animations, this skin gets its beauty from its simplicity and the easy-to-use interface that it displays to the users. The Samsung Galaxy S3 comes equipped with the latest version of Samsung TouchWiz.
If you want to enjoy both TouchWiz and the performance features of AOKP all in one ROM, you can do so by flashing XDA Developers member costygsm2′s Clean AOKP 2.0.0 ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250. The ROM contains the following features:
- based on AOKP Milestone 6
- Mifileexplorer 3.0.4
- V6 supercharger in services.jar
- Black and blue theme
- Galaxy S3 sounds
- Galaxy S3 TouchWiz 5 launcher
- Galaxy S3 Weather Widget
- Jelly Bean Animation
Continue reading the rest of this guide to learn how to flash the Clean AOKP 2.0.0 custom ROM to your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, model numbers GT-I9250. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and and SPH-L700 educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 (GSM) with unlocked bootloader and custom recovery (e.g., ClockworkMod Recovery or TWRP Recovery) installed. If you need help, see the following guides:
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Charge your phone’s battery to 60% or more.
- Download the Clean AOKP V2.0.0 ROM (M6.zip, 153 MB).
- Copy the M6.zip file to the root of your phone’s SD card.
- Switch off your Galaxy Nexus.
- Reboot your phone into Recovery Mode. To do that, you will need first to boot into Fastboot Mode. Press and hold down the Power button, Volume Up key, and Volume Down key all together until Fastboot Mode boots. Using the Volume keys, highlight Recovery and tap the Power button to boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. Select Backup and Restore and select Backup on the next screen.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Install ZIP From SD Card.
- Select Choose ZIP From SD Card and locate the M6.zip file. Confirm the action on the next screen to flash the ROM to your phone.
- Once done, go back to main menu and select Reboot System Now to restart your phone.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the Clean AOKP 2.0.0 custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250.