Android 4.1 Jelly Bean has been revealed, bringing to you a more enhanced performance on your Android devices. The latest updates also includes a few makeovers such as a new notification menu, a new lock screen, a new Google Search bar, and a smoother user-interface.
Jelly Bean will reportedly be the stock Android version on new batches of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus phones and the Nexus 7 tablet. The official updates for Android 4.1 JB for other GSM Galaxy Nexus phones are expected to come middle of July.
Senior XDA developer bigxie has managed to share the pure Android 4.1 Jelly Bean build JRN84D which was introduced to the participants of Google I/O conference. This ROM also comes pre-rooted and deodexed. If you can’t wait for the official updates to come, read on to learn how to flash Android 4.1 Jelly Bean build JRN84D to your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, model number GT-I9250. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 with unlocked bootloader and with either ClockworkMod Recovery or TWRP Recovery installed. For help, see these guides:
- Download Android 4.1 Jelly Bean build JRN84D (bigxie_maguro_JRN84D_v2-signed.zip, md5sum: e1e4256a134df01769e0ef036d1d9c55) from the following links:
- Charge your phone’s battery to 70% or more to ensure that your phone has sufficient power throughout the entire procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
(Note: The instructions below assume that your phone has ClockworkMod Recovery. The menus may be a bit different on TWRP Recovery.)
- Copy bigxie_maguro_JRN84D_v2-signed.zip to the root of your phone’s SD card.
- Switch off your Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
- Reboot your mobile phone into Recovery Mode. You can do that by pressing and holding the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons until the screen turns on.
- Using the Volume keys, highlight Restart Recovery and select it by pressing the Power button.
- Create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM by select Backup and Restore and select Backup on the next screen.
- Perform a full wipe by doing the following:
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Advanced. From there, select Wipe Dalvik Cache and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP From SD Card and locate the bigxie_maguro_JRN84D_v2-signed.zip file. Confirm the action on the next screen to flash the ROM to your mobile phone.
- After installation is complete, go back to the main menu and select Reboot System Now to restart your phone.
Congratulations! You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 to the latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean build JRN84D. You can now enjoy a smoother and enhanced Android OS on your mobile phone.