Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250: Improving Android 4.1 Jelly Bean’s sound output and quality
For those of you who have already installed the leaked Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250, you might find the audio output from the loudspeaker to feature less sound compared to what the Ice Cream Sandwich update provides. However, XDA Developers member Misledz managed to find a workaround and released an audio improvement patch that increases the loudspeaker volume in the Jelly Bean ROM.
Aside from that, the audio improvement patch has also been added with “Awesome Beats,” a custom equalizer that boosts the bass levels of your phone’s audio output — both loudspeaker and headphones. The patch also provides other sound effects. You can check our guide below on how you can install the audio improvement patch on your Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, model number GT-I9250. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- To feed Jelly Bean to your phone, check our guide on how to upgrade the Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 to pure Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
- You may refer to this guide on how to easily root and flash ClockworkMod Recovery via CASUAL Tool.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Download the audio improvement patch file (Nexus LouderBoom.zip, 499.65 kB)
- Copy the patch file to your phone’s SD card.
- Switch off your phone.
- Reboot your phone into ClockworkMod Recovery. You can do this by pressing and holding down the Volume Up button, Volume Down button, and Power button together until your phone screen turns on. Highlight the Restart Recovery option using the Volume buttons, and select it using the Power button to confirm your selection.
- Select Install ZIP From SD Card.
- Select Choose ZIP From SD Card then browse for the downloaded audio improvement ZIP file and select it. Confirm the installation by selecting Yes on the screen that follows to start installing the patch.
- After the installation is complete, select Go Back to head back to the main recovery.
- Reboot your system by selecting Reboot System Now.
- As soon as your phone fully boots up, go to Settings > Sound. Select Music Effects, then select Awesome Beats. This will enhance the loudspeaker’s volume permanently with bass boost for music or sounds played through your phone’s loudspeaker.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the audio improvement patch for Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250. Your phone will now have a higher loudspeaker volume, plus the Awesome Beats equalizer for stunning music.