The AffinitySERIES custom ROM is an Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean-based custom ROM released by purian23 from the XDA Developers Forum for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250.
The ROM is compiled and built from AOSP sources for Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean and is touted by its devs as having a “fast, responsive, intuitive, and professional UI.” Apart from the usual reliable capabilities and performance of Jelly Bean, the AffinitySERIES custom ROM also includes a lot of rich features such as the built-in GLaDOS Power Kernel, customized toggle icons, QuickMessage SMS, and many more.
Being an actively developed ROM, AffinitySERIES most certainly has issues and bugs lurking around, although based on user reports, none seem to be life-threatening at all.
This guide shows you how to flash the AffinitySERIES ROM for the Galaxy Nexus I9250.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, model number GT-I9250. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 with ClockworkMod Recovery and an unlocked bootloader.
- A Windows PC
- Download the following files to your computer:
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the ROM file and the Google Apps package to your phone's internal SD card.
- Turn off the phone.
- Boot into ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery. To do so, press and hold the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons together till the screen turns on. Scroll to the Restart Recovery option using the Volume buttons, then select it using the Power button to restart in recovery.
- Create a Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Select Wipe data/Factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card > Choose ZIP from SD card. Select the ROM's ZIP file and confirm that you want to install it.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card > Choose ZIP from SD card again but this time select gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip.
- Select Reboot system now to restart your phone.
Excellent! You have successfully flashed the AffinitySERIES ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.