The Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 is definitely a crowd favorite, with 4G LTE and reliable battery performance. Though this phone was released last year, it's still a very popular topic among developers and users. Development for this device certainly hasn't slowed down and developers have been churning out ROM after ROM to give users a unique Android experience.
When one thinks of ROMs, the top three names that come to mind are ParanoidAndroid, AOKP, and CyanogenMod. These three ROMs have earned their credibility already and have provided users with solid performance. On their own, they're great, but what if those three custom ROMs were combined into one? That would be called PAC-Man and you probably want it on your Verizon Galaxy Nexus.
This guide shows you how to flash PAC-Man ROM for the Galaxy Nexus I515.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Verizon Galaxy Nexus, model number SCH-I515. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 with unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery installed.
- Download the following to your computer:
- PAC-Man v16.1 ROM (PAC-man-mcd.toro.16.1_Unofficial.zip, md5sum: 6b62a6c5d23ca26aae8b30fa718fde43)
- GApps Package (PAC-man-gapps-4.2.zip, md5sum: 9e653132f822872a6dba5ccc581e686b)
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the PAC-man-mcd.toro.16.1_Unofficial.zip and PAC-man-gapps-4.2.zip files to your phone's internal SD card.
- Switch off your Galaxy Nexus.
- Boot into Recovery Mode. To do this, press and hold down the Volume Up, Volume Down, and the Power buttons until the screen turns on.
- Perform a full wipe by doing the following:
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition > Yes.
- Select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP form SD Card > select PAC-man-mcd.toro.16.1_Unofficial.zip > Yes.
- Repeat step 5 and flash PAC-man-gapps-4.2.zip.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now.
Congratulations! You have successfully flashed the PAC-Man ROM to your Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515. How do you find the ROM? Let us know by leaving a comment below.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.