Flashing custom ROMs on your Verizon Galaxy Nexus can improve your smartphone's performance. However, choosing a custom ROM that suits your fancy might not be as easy a decision as deciding to flash custom ROMs. If you’re looking for a stable custom ROM to enjoy, here's XDA Developers member Hyperrunner's AlienDroid ROM.
The AlienDroid ROM is an updated version of the developer's the GlazedJellyBean ROM for the Nexus 7. This ROM focuses on stability, speed, and great features. The ROM is based on sources for the CyanogenMod 10 nightly builds, with some touches of Android 4.2. The AlienDroid ROM is super fast and is packed with features that music lovers will like: Beats Audio, Mega Bass Beats, and Sony's Walkman Player. Other features like Optimized Skyrim kernel, Sony's Bravia Engine, Theme Manager, Optimized Android Animation, PGM Support, Full GApps Integration, Android 4.2 wallpapers and Keyboards, and Custom Softkey Icons will surely make your Galaxy Nexus perform even better. Flash the AlienDroid ROM now and discover more of its great features.
This guide shows you how to flash AlienDroid ROM for the Galaxy Nexus I515.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus, model number SCH-I515. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Copy the AlienDroidV1-toro.zip file to the phone's SD card.
- Switch off your phone.
- Boot your Galaxy Nexus into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, press and hold down the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons until Fastboot Mode boots. Navigate to the Recovery option using the Volume keys and select the option using the Power button to boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Create a NANDroid backup. Select Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Wipe your data by doing the following:
- Select Wipe Data/ Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP from SD Card > select AlienDroidV1-toro.zipfile > Yes.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now.
Congratulations! You have successfully flashed AlienDroid ROM on your Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.