Galaxy Nexus Hack: Tweak Statusbar Mod
If you’re into customizing your phone then i’m sure you have tried the new Cyanogenmod 9 because it can be customize easily. If you’re into this ROM then you can try this Tweak Statusbar Mod by rob43 of XDA Developers Forum, with this you can get additional features on your status bar like the following:
- Centered clock
- Modified notifications layout
- Tab for quick toggles, fully configurable from CM9 settings
- Brightness control
- Transparent status bar
- Make sure that your phone battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your phone data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- Galaxy Nexus with Cyanogenmod 9
- USB Data Cable
- First, download the cwm-cm9_reloaded_mod-gnex-20120227.zip on your computer.
- Then, connect your device to the computer using your USB Data Cable.
- Next, copy the zip file you downloaded earlier to the root directory of your SD card.
- Disconnect your phone to the computer.
- turn off your phone.
- Go to Clockworkmod recovery: press and hold the Power + Volume Up + Volume Down. You will enter Fastboot mode. Here, press Volume Up twice till you see Recovery selected, then press Power button to boot into recovery.
- Once you’re in the recovery, do a nandroid backup by selecting backup> backup and restore> then backup to start saving your old ROM. (This will make a full backup of your existing ROM, and save it to the SD card. You can restore from this backup, if something gets messed up with the installation.)
- From the main menu select install zip from Sd card> choose zip from Sd card> then select the cwm-cm9_reloaded_mod-gnex-20120227.zip to start flashing the Statusbar Mod.
- Finally, go back to main menu and select Reboot system now.
Congratulations, you can now enjoy the new look and features of your Galaxy Nexus status bar.