Are you starting to get bored with the CyanogenMod 9 or AOKP stock UI on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250? It’s time to add a little spice to your phone’s life with the Galaxy S3′s TouchWiz UX. You read that right; it’s been ported to the Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
The Samsung Galaxy Nexus has some unique features, especially its amazing UI. Some users might think that the Galaxy Nexus doesn’t need Touchwiz. Think again. The smoking hot Galaxy S3′s TouchWiz UX has been ported to the Nexus and it brings a whole new experience with it. The Nexus looks stunning with TouchWiz UX, letting users enjoy a taste of the Galaxy S3′s goodies.
Courtesy of the Galaxy Nexus MrMaddon-Pack assembled by XDA Developers member madphone, you can now enjoy some of the look and feel of the Galaxy S3, as well as some of the stock apps on the Galaxy S3, right on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
The add-on pack includes not just TouchWiz UX itself but also Galaxy S3 sounds, icons, and live wallpapers. It contains the TouchWiz UX Launcher, Galaxy S3 apps and widgets (e.g., Weather, Digital Clock, News, Calculator, Wallpaper Picker, S Voice, and Memo). Other goodies include a themed Power button menu, PhotoWall live wallpaper, popup multitasking video player (Super Video), themed Trebuchet Drawer icon, Sony Walkman, and root browser.
The add-on pack is confirmed to work on most ICS-based custom ROMs, especially CyanogenMod 9, AOKP, MIUI 4, SlimICS, and Liquid.
- A Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 with ClockworkMod Recovery and running an ICS-based custom ROM (preferably either CyanogenMod 9 or AOKP)
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Make sure that your battery has at least 50% charge to avoid interruption due to power loss.
- Download the Galaxy Nexus MrMaddon-Pack package (GNexus_S3_MrMaddon_12.06.06.zip, 186.79 MB).
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, model number GT-I9250. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Copy the Galaxy Nexus MrMaddon-Pack package to the root of your Galaxy Nexus’ internal SD card.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot your phone to ClockworkMod Recovery by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons. Let go of the Power button when the screen turns on but keep holding down the Volume buttons until you see a menu. Use the Volume buttons to select the Recovery Mode icon, then press the Power button to enter Recovery.
- Use the Volume buttons to navigate and the Power button to select options.
- Create a Nandroid Backup of your current ROM so that you can easily restore it. Select Backup and Restore > Backup and go back to the main recovery menu afterwards.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP from SD Card and select the add-on pack’s ZIP file.
- After the flashing is completed, select Go Back and reboot your phone by selecting Reboot System Now.
You can now enjoy TouchWiz UX and other add-on goodies on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 via the Galaxy Nexus MrMaddon-Pack.