The Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 is one of the lucky phones to receive an official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update first. This new update features the improved performance of Project Butter and new software such as Google Now. If you are still not satisfied with its raw power, you can flash the EAGLESBLOOD JELLYBEAN 4.1.1 custom ROM. This custom ROM is based on the latest Android 4.1.1 build JRO03L and almost looks like a stock ROM but with some extra features such as the EB Options mod.
Thanks to XDA Developers member oOo B0XeR oOo, you can now enjoy Jelly Bean build JRO03L on your Galaxy Nexus through the EAGLESBLOOD JELLYBEAN 4.1.1 custom ROM. Flashing this ROM will replace your stock Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM and let you enjoy an enhanced Android experience.
In this guide, learn the steps for flashing the EAGLESBLOOD JELLYBEAN 4.1.1 ROM for the Galaxy Nexus I9250.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, model number GT-I9250. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 with unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Download the following files to your computer:
- Charge your phone's battery to 70% or more to ensure that your phone has sufficient power throughout the entire procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Transfer the EaglesBlood Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM and EaglesBlood Android 4.1 Jelly Bean GApps (Google Apps) packageto the root of your phone's SD card.
- Switch off your Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
- Reboot your mobile phone into ClockworkMod Recovery Mode. You can do that by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power button until the screen turns on.
- Using the Volume keys, highlight Restart Recovery and select it by pressing the Power button.
- Create a backup of your current ROM by selecting Backup and Restore and select Backup on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP From SD card and locate the EaglesBlood Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM file. Confirm the action on the next screen to flash the ROM to your mobile phone.
- In the same manner as in step 6, flash the EaglesBlood Android 4.1 Jelly Bean GApps (Google Apps) package to your mobile phone.
- Perform a full wipe by doing the following:
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe cache partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Advance. From there, select Wipe Dalvik cache and confirm the action on the next screen.
- After installation is complete, go back to the main menu and select Reboot system now to restart your phone.
Congratulations! You have successfully flashed the EaglesBlood Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM to your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250.