The much-awaited Android 4.1 Jelly Bean has come to town and is painting the town red, blue, yellow, orange…you get the drill. Jelly Bean ROMs will soon be rolling out in waves as Google has already released the source code for the said update. One of the first devices to receive the tasty Jelly Bean update is the Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 courtesy of XDA Developers member bigxie who managed to release a stock Android 4.1 ROM that is also pre-rooted. Although this is not the official Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250, the source coude being used is very close to the official OTA update from Google.
Continue reading the rest of this guide to learn more how to install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on the Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, model number GT-I9250. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Rooted Samsung Galaxy Nexus with unlocked bootloader and TWRP Recovery installed.
- Download the Jelly Bean ROM (bigxie_maguro_JRO03C.zip, md5sum: 7f43fb5677550561b2aebdec02f70b6f). You can also download the ROM from the following alternate links:
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the bigxie_maguro_JRO03C.zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Switch off your phone.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery. You can do this by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons together until your phone screen turns on. Select the Restart Recovery option.
- Once in Recovery Mode, select Backup then slide the blue circle button found at the bottom to backup your current ROM. After backup is complete, head back to the main menu by selecting the Home button found at the bottom left of the screen.
- Select Wipe then select Factory Reset to confirm data wipe. Head back to the main menu by selecting the Home button after the wipe is complete.
- Select Install then browse for the downloaded ROM file on your SD card and select it. Confirm the installation by tapping the blue button. It may take 5-10 minutes for the installation process to complete.
- Select Reboot System to reboot your phone.
Congratulations! The unofficial Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM has now been installed on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250.
Paul and I.T. are synonyms. If you need help with I.T.-related stuff, call on Paul. His experience with Android phones goes way back to the ancient single-core-phone days. But, he keeps himself up to date, so now he has a dual-core beast in his pocket, and is looking forward to getting his first quad-core monster, and when it comes, his first eight-core phone. Perhaps he should be called Mr. X-Core, where "X" equals the number of CPU cores.