A MIUI ROM based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean was recently released for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250. MIUI is among the big names in providing custom ROMs that provide distinctive customizations.
We also know that Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is one of the best versions of Android yet. Providing buttery-smooth graphics and silky transitions, Android 4.1 also provides new features like a new Google Search experience.
With a better version of Android, MIUI provides a one-of-a-kind interface and great features like built-in themes, privacy protection, modified calls and SMS displays, among others. Keep in mind that this ROM is still under heavy development, though the ROM is very stable for day-to-day use, you may encounter few minor issues.
In this guide, learn how to flash Jelly Bean MIUI ROM 2.8.24 for the Galaxy Nexus I9250.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, model number GT-I9250. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 with unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- Download MIUI ROM (miuiandroid_maguro-2.8.24.zip, md5sum: 6d998a5e494babc4c3e730d28b66e191)
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the MIUI ROM ZIP file to your phone’s SD card.
- Switch off your phone.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. You can do this by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons together until your phone screen turns on. On the next screen, select Recovery mode option to boot into recovery.
- NOTE: While in recovery, use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an option.
- Create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. Go to Backup and Restore and select Backup on the next screen. Wait until your phone completely creates a backup of your ROM.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Install ZIP from SD card, then select Choose ZIP from SD card.
- Locate and select the MIUI ROM file. Confirm the installation on the next screen to flash the ROM to your mobile phone.
- Go back to the main menu and select Reboot system now to restart your phone. The first boot would possibly take 5-7 minutes.
Awesome! You have successfully installed MIUI ROM based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.