Make Your Galaxy Ace Look Like a Galaxy S2 with sgs II REVOLVED Custom ROM
The power of custom ROMs ranges from updating your mobile phone with the latest software to mimicking the look and feel of another Android device. Such power is demonstrated in a custom ROM that makes the Samsung Galaxy Ace look like it’s a Samsung Galaxy S2.
XDA Developers member spacecaker gets the credit for cooking up this ROM, which is famously known as s>G<s II REVOLVED. This custom ROM is based on Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread (build XWKS2/XWKS9) and brings the Android skin of Samsung Galaxy S2 to your mobile device.
The custom ROM also features the following:
- Galaxy S2 Status Bar
- TouchWiz 4 style launcher
- Improved Power menu
- Battery gauge shown in percent
- Added blue overall scroll glow
- Boot animation of Galaxy S2
- Enabled CRT off
- EXT4 filesystem
- Tweak manager available
- App2sd activated
- Root and deodexed
If you want to have a new Android skin on your Samsung Galaxy Ace, read and follow our guide on how to install the s>G<s II REVOLVED ROM on your mobile phone.
- A rooted Samsung Galaxy Ace with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. Click here to learn how to root your device.
- Download the s>G<s II REVOLVED ROM here (sgsIIFinal.zip, 115.71 MB). Do not extract the file.
- Protect your phone data and files by creating a backup before flashing the ROM.
- Maintain battery charge of at least 60% to keep your device running throughout the entire installation process.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy Ace to the computer via USB cable.
- Copy the ROM file to the internal SD card of your phone.
- Disconnect your mobile phone from the computer.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot the phone into ClockworkMod Recovery Mode. To do that, press the Home button (middle key) and Power button simultaneously until ClockworkMod Recovery starts.
- From the main recovery menu, select “Wipe data/factory reset” and confirm your action on the next screen.
- Clear the data from the cache by selecting “Wipe Cache Partition” and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Advanced. From there, select “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and choose “Yes-Wipe Dalvik” on the next screen.
- After successfully wiping all the data, go back to the main menu and select “Install zip from sd card.”
- Select “choose zip from sd card” and choose the ROM file to install it on your device.
- Wait until the ROM is completely flashed on your device.
- Return to the main menu and select “Reboot system now.” This will restart your Samsung Galaxy Ace with the new Samsung Galaxy S II look.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the s>G<s II REVOLVED ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Ace. Now you can enjoy the Samsung Galaxy S2 skin on your mobile device.