The power of custom ROMs ranges from updating your mobile phone with the latest software to mimicking the look and feel of another Android device. Such power is demonstrated in a custom ROM that makes the Samsung Galaxy Ace look like it’s a Samsung Galaxy S2.
XDA Developers member spacecaker gets the credit for cooking up this ROM, which is famously known as s>G<s II REVOLVED. This custom ROM is based on Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread (build XWKS2/XWKS9) and brings the Android skin of Samsung Galaxy S2 to your mobile device.
The custom ROM also features the following:
- Galaxy S2 Status Bar
- TouchWiz 4 style launcher
- Improved Power menu
- Battery gauge shown in percent
- Added blue overall scroll glow
- Boot animation of Galaxy S2
- Enabled CRT off
- EXT4 filesystem
- Tweak manager available
- App2sd activated
- Root and deodexed
If you want to have a new Android skin on your Samsung Galaxy Ace, read and follow our guide on how to install the s>G<s II REVOLVED ROM on your mobile phone.
- A rooted Samsung Galaxy Ace with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. Click here to learn how to root your device.
- Download the s>G<s II REVOLVED ROM here (sgsIIFinal.zip, 115.71 MB). Do not extract the file.
- Protect your phone data and files by creating a backup before flashing the ROM.
- Maintain battery charge of at least 60% to keep your device running throughout the entire installation process.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy Ace to the computer via USB cable.
- Copy the ROM file to the internal SD card of your phone.
- Disconnect your mobile phone from the computer.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot the phone into ClockworkMod Recovery Mode. To do that, press the Home button (middle key) and Power button simultaneously until ClockworkMod Recovery starts.
- From the main recovery menu, select “Wipe data/factory reset” and confirm your action on the next screen.
- Clear the data from the cache by selecting “Wipe Cache Partition” and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Advanced. From there, select “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and choose “Yes-Wipe Dalvik” on the next screen.
- After successfully wiping all the data, go back to the main menu and select “Install zip from sd card.”
- Select “choose zip from sd card” and choose the ROM file to install it on your device.
- Wait until the ROM is completely flashed on your device.
- Return to the main menu and select “Reboot system now.” This will restart your Samsung Galaxy Ace with the new Samsung Galaxy S II look.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the s>G<s II REVOLVED ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Ace. Now you can enjoy the Samsung Galaxy S2 skin on your mobile device.