Change your Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830′s look to a Galaxy S2′s by flashing XDA Developers member SpaceCaker's SGSII JB ROM v10.1. This ROM is based on Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread and has most of the Galaxy S2′s look. With this ROM, you get to enjoy Ice Cream Sandwich transitions, Galaxy S2 wallpapers, icons, startup and shutdown animations, sounds, widgets, some ported apps, and some Jelly Bean-themed apps. The ROM also comes with TouchWiz 3.9, a smooth scroll mod, a long press volume hack, CRT effect, and much more.
There was a bug in the UI of the previous version, however the UI issue has been resolved in the 10.1 update. The SGSII JB ROM is still a work in progress, so watch for more updates on XDA. If you're ready to make that cool transition, follow the instructions below.
This guide shows you how to flash SGSII JB ROM for the Galaxy Ace S5830.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Ace, model number GT-S5830. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 with ClockworkMod Recovery
- Download the SGSII JB ROM v10.1 (SGSII_V10_JB_RELEASE_ED_19_10.zip, 106.09 MB) to your computer.
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the SGSII_V10_JB_RELEASE_ED_19_10.zip to your phone's SD card.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot into Recovery Mode. To do this, press and hold down the Home and the Power buttons.
- Make a NANDroid Backup. Go to Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP from SD Card > Locate and select SGSII_V10_JB_RELEASE_ED_19_10.zip > Yes.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now.
Congratulations! You have flashed the SGSII JB ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830.