The Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 is not a new device, but it is still very much loved. For people who have been using it for a while, the Galaxy Ace remains to be a very dependable device but compared to a lot of newer devices, it is definitely starting to feel dated. Thankfully, XDA Developers members are going to make sure that you won't have to let go of your phone just yet.
The best way to continue enjoying your phone is to flash custom ROMs, mods, hacks, and tweaks to it. To be able to do that, however, you'll need root access and custom recovery. Presuming that you've already read our guide on how to root the Galaxy Ace, the next obvious step is to install ClockworkMod Recovery. We've put together an easy step-by-step guide for people who aren't using a custom recovery yet. Follow this guide and free your phone.
This guide shows you how to flash ClockworkMod Recovery for the Galaxy Ace S5830.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Ace, model number GT-S5830. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A rooted Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830
- Download ClockworkMod Recovery 220.127.116.11 (recovery-clockwork-18.104.22.168-galaxyace-fix.zip, 5.4 MB) for the Galaxy Ace
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the ClockworkMod Recovery ZIP file to your Galaxy Ace's SD card.
- Turn off your Galaxy Ace.
- Boot into Recovery Mode by holding down the Power and Home buttons.
- Select Update ZIP from SD card.
- Select the ClockworkMod Recovery file.
- Confirm that you want to flash the selected file.
- After the file has finished installing, reboot your device.
- Boot into Recovery Mode to test out your new ClockworkMod Recovery.
Congratulations! Your Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 now has ClockworkMod Recovery. What's the first custom ROM you're planning to flash? What about mods, hacks, and tweaks? Let us know by leaving a comment below.