A new custom CyanogenMod 7.2 ROM tailor-made for the Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 is already out, featuring the same theme and features of the Galaxy S3′s famous TouchWiz 5 interface and launcher.
The ROM is known as the CM7.2 SIII MOD ROM and it features the same icon pack, wallpapers, home launcher, and a few widgets that were originally found on the Galaxy S3. Although the ROM is not actually based on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, it does, however, feel like you are actually running Ice Cream Sandwich on your Galaxy Ace. Keep in mind, the ROM is built on Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread which translates to a very stable ROM and is good for daily use.
This guide shows you how to flash CM7.2 SIII MOD on the Galaxy Ace S5830.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Ace, model number GT-S5830. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A rooted Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- Download CM7.2 SIII MOD for the Galaxy Ace (SIII_MOD_V2.zip, 100.21 MB).
- Fully charged battery or at least 70% battery left
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the downloaded ZIP file to your phone's internal SD card.
- Switch off your phone.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. You can do this by pressing and holding down the Home and Power buttons. Your phone will boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. In case something does not work with this ROM, you can easily revert to your original ROM through your backup. To perform a backup select Backup and Restore then select Backup again. Head back to the main recovery menu after backup is finished.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on the next screen to confirm data wipe.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card, then select Choose ZIP from SD card. Browse for the downloaded SIII_MOD_V2.zip file and select it. Confirm the installation process by selecting Yes on the next screen.
- After the installation is finished, head back to the main menu by selecting Go back.
- Reboot your phone by selecting Reboot system now.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the CM7.2 SIII MOD ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830.
Paul and I.T. are synonyms. If you need help with I.T.-related stuff, call on Paul. His experience with Android phones goes way back to the ancient single-core-phone days. But, he keeps himself up to date, so now he has a dual-core beast in his pocket, and is looking forward to getting his first quad-core monster, and when it comes, his first eight-core phone. Perhaps he should be called Mr. X-Core, where "X" equals the number of CPU cores.