MIUI ROMs became popular because of the amazing graphics and user interface that users loved so much. Recently, there has been a series of new and updated MIUI ROMs released for various devices and users surely are loving them.
Most of the newly released MIUI ROMs are based on the currently “hot” Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) and users are expecting more MIUI ROMs to come in the coming weeks. Now the ICS- based MIUI v4 for the LG G2X was also recently released just a few days ago.
The ROM was developed by XDA Developers member siulmagic and many users are already scrambling to try it. Users are very excited as much as they are delighted with the release of this ROM for the LG G2X.
The ROM is also pre-rooted, so there’s no need to root your LG G2X after upgrading it to this ROM.
On the other hand, this ROM also has some problems. Since it is based on CyanogenMod 9 (CM9), all things that are not working in CM9 are also not working in this ROM. For instance, hardware acceleration for videos is not yet working, camera recording is still not functional, and some occasional flicker in the UI can be observed. Data is reportedly not working in the ROM’s current version.
If you can’t wait for the official ICS update, you better try this ICS-based MIUI v4 for your LG G2X. It sure will be worth your time.
Requirements and Reminders
Let’s go over the things that you will be needing in the installation of this ROM. It’s better to prepare them before you use them. Check the things that I have listed below and make sure that you won’t skip anything.
- Root your LG G2X and install ClockworkMod Recovery.
- This guide is only applicable to the LG G2X and not to other LG devices.
- Make sure your battery is sufficiently charged to at least 70%.
- Back up all the important files and data on your phone (i..e. contacts, SMS, call logs, files, and Internet settings)
- Download the MIUI 4 ROM file for the LG G2X from here.
NOTE: Use the information in this article at your own risk. We shall not be responsible for any damage arising from your use of this information.
Here’s how to install MIUI 4 ICS on LG G2X. Follow the instructions carefully.
- Copy the MIUI 4 ROM file to the external microSD card on your phone.
- Power off your phone.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Make a Nandroid back up of your existing ROM. (Select Backup & Restore > Backup) so that in case something goes wrong, you can always revert to your original ROM.
- Perform full wipe:
- Select Wipe data / factory reset » select Yes on the next screen.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition » select Yes on the next screen.
- Go to the main menu of recovery, select Advanced, and then Wipe Dalvik Cache » select Yes on the next screen
- In main menu of recovery, choose “Install zip from sdcard” > “Choose zip from sdcard” then choose the ROM file that you have copied to your phone earlier. The flashing of the ROM will now start.
- Once the flashing is done, select “go back” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone. It will take a long time for your phone to boot up into MIUI 4.
- Download and install Superuser from the Android Market.
That’s simply how you install MIUI 4 Ice Cream Sandwich to your LG G2X. Easy isn’t it? You can now enjoy Ice Cream Sandwich without waiting for the official update to come.