Changing fonts easily on your Android 4.0 ICS phone
We’ve seen all types of tips, tricks and methods to make your Android device stand out from the rest of the pack. Some developers have provided us with means of improving our device’s performance, while others have made worlds collide by porting a certain device’s OS into another manufacturer’s phone. Today, we’re giving you a chance to make your Android device truly your own changing its font. Introducing LC Font Changer, developed by XDA-Developer leventccc.
What this handy little tool does is to change your phone’s fronts to one of the several fonts packaged. LC Font Changer includes fonts like Android Logo, Gingerbread Stock, MeeGo, Nokia Pure View Font, Roboto (Stock), Ubuntu, Windows Phone 7 and Sony Xperia S. Changing your phone’s font has never been easier. If you’re familiar with flashing ROMs, mods and tweaks through custom recovery, then you’re all set.
Fonts may not successfully change on some devices but there’s certainly no harm in trying LC Font Changer.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with Android devices running Android 4.0 ROM. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Android device running a custom ROM (based on Android 4.0 ICS) and with ClockworkMod Recovery
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Download LC Font Changer (FONTCHANGER.zip, 5.58 MB).
- Copy the LC Font Changer ZIP file to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Turn off your device.
- Reboot the device into Recovery Mode.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP from SD Card, then select the LC Font Changer ZIP file.
- LC Font Changer will start up. Select Next by pressing the Power/Home button.
- You can preview a font by highlight it using the Volume buttons.
- Select No if you still want to browse and preview other fonts.
- Select Yes if you’ve found a font you’d like to install.
- After installation is complete, you’ll return to Recovery Mode. Select Go Back.
- Select Reboot System Now.
If you find your phone’s status/notification bar messed up when you reboot into normal mode, reboot into recovery and select Wipe Cache. Reboot your device and your notification bar should be fixed.
Congratulations! Your phone’s font has now been changed. If you get bored with the font you chose, simply flash the LC Font Changer again.