One problem of Kindle Fire is their Memory Capacity, now to manage the memory of your device, eldarerathis of XDA Developers Forum created a partitioning program called FireParted. This program helps you partition your device memory easily.
Just follow the steps below carefully.
- Make sure that your device battery is charge atleast 60%
- Backup your device data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- Kindle FIre
- USB Data Cable
- First, download and install Android Software Development Kit (SDK).
- Then, your device should be Rooted and have a Custom Recovery.
- Next, download and install Microsoft .net Framework 3.5.
- Also download this FIREFIREFIRE v1.1 or later (optional).
- Once you have all installed we can now begin partitioning our Device.
- First, download FireParted.
- Then, extract it to a new folder via winzip/winrar.
- Next, connect your device to your computer via its USB data cable.
- Turn off your device
- Go to recovery mode by turning it on, while booting press the power button until you see the logo turn orange.
- When your in the recovery mode backup your data by pressing the backup tab.
- Go back to main menu and leave it open.
- Then, go to the extracted file on the computer and double click the Fileparted file to start the program.
- Next, click the Read Partition Table to see the current partition of our device.
- Click the Archive /Data Partition tab to backup your data.
- Then, to change your partition sizes click the partition sizes on th upper left.
- Next, click Apply Changes tab to start changing the partition.
- After the successful Partitioning click the Restore /data from backup tab to restore your data.
- Lastly, click the Reboot Device tab and your finish.
XDA Developers Forum