Earlier today, HTC announced a more compact version of its flagship device for the year, the HTC One, dubbing it the HTC One Mini. And now, HTC has released a video taking a first look at the miniature device, though it doesn’t really show us anything beyond what we expected this new device to have.
Here’s a quick reminder of the specs:
- Size: 132 x 63.2 x 9.25mm
- Weight: 122g
- 4.3-inch S-LCD3 display with 1280 x 720 resolution (341 ppi)
- 1.4GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, Adreno 305 GPU
- 1GB of DDR3
- 16GB of storage but no microSD card
- 4-megapixel UltraPixel camera with HTC Zoe support
- 1.6-megapixel front-facing camera
- LTE support
- Bluetooth 4.0
- BoomSound support
- Android 4.2.2 with Sense 5 on top and BlinkFeed
- 1800 mAh non-removable battery
In some respects, it’s pretty similar to the Galaxy S4 Mini, especially when it comes to the processing package, and as you might expect, the HTC One Mini doesn’t look much different from its big brother, the One. So, is there anything new we can expect in the one? Aside from downgraded specs, there isn’t much. In fact, HTC’s first look video basically tells us what we already expected.
To sum it up, it basically shows us that BlinkFeed, HTC Zoe, and HTC BoomSound makes a return. The reassurance is nice to see considering that a lot of features in the Galaxy S4 didn’t make it to the Galaxy S4 Mini. Despite telling us what we already expected, HTC created a pretty darn awesome commercial showcasing it all. Check out the video for yourself below!
So, HTC basically just dropped a bomb on the mid-range market. What do you think of the HTC One Mini?