For those of you who want to keep up-to-date on your firmware by hook or by crook, or in this case, whether it’s official or leaked, we’ve got good news. Samsung Fascinate SCH-I500 users, say hello to the new, leaked Android 2.3.6 firmware build FC27.
Firmware FC27 is the latest leaked update for Gingerbread for the Samsung Fascinate SCH-I500, which may or may not be a suitable compromise for potentially never seeing an official Ice Cream Sandwich on our older Android devices.
Because the this is leaked firmware, there may be some bugs present but the firmware itself is in working condition. Just to err on the side of caution, always make backups of your important files.
Users have reported that this firmware is for the Samsung Fascinate SCH-I500 on C Spire Wireless. Some users of the Verizon variant who tried flashing this on their phones have experienced some issues with 3G connectivity. Otherwise, users seem to be enjoying the faster modem and the different lockscreen.
- This firmware upgrade is compatible only with the Samsung Fascinate, model number SCH-I500. You may check your device’s model number through Settings > About Phone. If your device does not match the Samsung Fascinate, model number SCH-I500, then we highly discourage you from attempting to flash this upgrade as it may lead to bricking.
- Use these instructions at your own risk and do not hold us responsible if you damage your phone.
- Samsung Fascinate SCH-I500
- A Windows PC with WinRAR installed
- Flashing this upgrade may delete important data on your Fascinate. Make sure to create a backup. You can read our guides on how to locally backup your data and on how to backup your data to the cloud.
- Make sure to fully charge your Fascinate’s battery to prevent it from shutting off in the middle of the upgrading process.
- Make sure that you have the appropriate Samsung USB drivers installed on your computer: 32-bit (x86) Windows | 64-bit (x64) Windows
- If you have KIES installed on your computer, uninstall it as it may interrupt the flashing process.
- Disable any antivirus program you have on your computer as it may interrupt the flashing process.
- Odin3 (Odin3 v1.83.exe, 415.5 kB) downloaded to your computer.
- FC27 firmware (SCH-I500_SCH-I500USFC27_US_XAR.rar, 184.5 MB).
- Download the FC27 firmware to your computer.
- Extract the FC27 firmware package using WinRAR. You should get two files:
- Power off your Fascinate.
- Plug the USB cable into the computer, but do not connect it to your Fascinate yet.
- On your computer, double-click on Odin3 v1.83.exe to launch it.
- Boot the phone into Download Mode. You can do this by pressing and holding down the Volume Down button on your Fascinate as you plug the USB cable into your phone.
- If Odin3 successfully recognizes your phone, you’ll see the message “Added!” in the lower left corner of the Odin window. If you do not get this message, there may be a problem with the drivers. Disconnect your phone and re-install them.
- Click on the PDA button, and select CI500_CS_FC27_GB_REL_KIES.tar file.
- Do not touch any of the other options in Odin3.
- Click START to begin the flashing process.
- If flashing is successful, you’ll see the upper leftmost box in Odin3 light up in green with a PASS message and your Fascinate will reboot.
- If Odin gets stuck or doesn’t seem to be doing anything, or if you see the upper leftmost box in Odin light up in red with a FAIL message, do the following:
- Disconnect your Fascinate from the computer.
- Close Odin3.
- Remove your Fascinate’s battery and re-insert it.
- Start over from step 4.
- Once you see the Samsung logo on your Fascinate’s screen, you can safely disconnect the phone.
If you encounter a boot loop, remove your Fascinate’s battery for a few seconds before re-inserting it. Boot into Recovery Mode and perform a Factory Reset. From there, reboot the phone and try flashing the firmware upgrade from Odin3 again.
Congratulations! You now have firmware FC27 for Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread running on your Samsung Fascinate.