The popular custom ROM for HTC phones, ClassicJewel, has finally made its way to the HTC EVO 4G LTE. Based on RUU 1.13.651.1, the custom ROM brings interesting features like the Sony Bravia Engine, Sony Timescape, and the Xperia launcher are included in the ROM, giving users better image quality. There are also some associated music apps like the xLoud sound system, the Infinity music extensions, and the Sony Walkman system that has infinity controls.
Apart from providing crucial features like the mods for MMS, HQ camera mods, multitasking mod, and some memory tweaks, the ROM's cook also threw into the mix the Google apps and wallpapers for Jelly Bean. Those who want to play PlayStation games can do so since the PlayStation app reportedly works already.
The ROM is still under development, so users might encounter some bugs. Leoisright, the ROM's developer, assured that the bugs will be fixed in future updates.
The ClassicJewel custom ROM is packed with powerful and interesting features that you will surely crave to have. Let's check out how to install this ROM on your HTC EVO 4G LTE.
- The instructions for this guide are intended for use with HTC Evo 4G LTE. Applying these instructions on another device may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your unique and specific circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- HTC Evo 4G LTE with TWRP Touch Recovery installed
- Make sure that your phone's battery is charged to 60% or more. This will ensure that your phone will not turn off during the installation process.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your data (eg., contacts, SMS, MMS, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases some data.
- Latest version of the ClassicJewel ROM (ClassicJewel-v0.0.5.zip, 599 MB)
- Copy the downloaded ZIP file of the ClassicJewel ROM to your phone's internal SD Card. Do not extract the file.
- Power off the phone and disconnect it from the PC.
- Boot the phone into Bootloader Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Down and Power button.
- Highlight Recovery using the Volume buttons and press the Power button to boot the phone into TWRP Touch Recovery.
- Backup your existing ROM. This will help you restore the ROM in recovery in cases when the ROM does not work properly on your phone.
- To make a backup, tap Backup and slide the blue circle at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select Wipe and select Factory Reset. Confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Install and locate the ClassicJewel-v0.0.5.zip file. Confirm the action on the next screen to flash the ROM to your phone.
- Once the installation is completed, go back to the main menu and select Reboot System to restart your phone.
- Once the phone boots, the Performance Assistant app will appear on the screen. Make sure to uncheck “ANT+” or your phone will bootloop the next time you reboot.
Congratulations! The ClassicJewel custom ROM has now been successfully installed on your HTC Evo 4G LTE. You're now ready to enjoy the features of this ROM!