With the arrival of Ice Cream Sandwich on the Asus Eee Pad Transformer, development on the tablet has been in full force. ROMs have been cropping up left and right, and lately, another ROM joined the fray. Meet the Team EOS custom ROM, based on AOSP Ice Cream Sandwich and currently in its beta stage. With nightly builds coming out, users can enjoy up-to-date improvements and fixes.
Because the Team EOS ROM is still in its beta stage, bugs and snags are to be expected, but with its nightly updates, those bugs should be on their way to being completely ironed out.
The ROM is only for the Asus Eee Pad Transformer, model number TF101 and not for any other device. Attempts to flash this ROM to incompatible devices may result in bricking. To make sure that you’ve got the right device, you may check through “Settings > About Tablet.”
Here are what you need so that you can install the Team EOS ROM on your tablet:
- Rooted Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. (Check out our guide for rooting the Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101.)
- Flashing this ROM may delete the information on your device so make sure to create a backup.
- Make sure that your tablet’s battery is fully charged to prevent it from shutting down in the middle of the update process.
- Team EOS ROM
- Latest GApps (Google Apps) package
Once you have everything, you may now flash the Team EOS ROM onto your Asus Eee Pad Transformer:
- Download the most recent nightly build of the Team EOS ROM from the link above.
- Download the latest version of GApps from the link above.
- Copy both the Team EOS ROM ZIP file and the GApps ZIP file to the root of your tablet’s SD Card.
- Turn off the tablet.
- Boot the tablet into Recovery Mode.
- Create a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. This allows you to revert to it if something does not work out with the Team EOS ROM. You can do this through “Backup & Restore.”
- Select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset.”
- Select “Install ZIP from SD Card” and select the Team EOS ROM.
- Confirm that you want to begin flashing the ROM.
- Once the Team EOS ROM has finished flashing, return to “Install ZIP from SD Card.” This time, select the GApps file.
- After GApps has finished flashing, select “Go Back.”
- Select “Reboot System Now.”
Once your tablet reboots, you’ll now be running on the Team EOS ROM with Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich. Congratulations and enjoy!