The constant developments and improvements make the Android community more exciting everyday. New improvements here, new ROMs there. The ease of flashing or installing these updates and customizations to a device through custom recoveries makes things more convenient for non-tech savvy users. Now, the ever famous ClockworkMod Recovery takes things up a notch with ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0, which is now available for the Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101.
XDA Developers member RaymanFX brings out two versions of the custom recovery: one with no touch support, and the other touch-based. Both versions are capable of mounting the external SD card.
ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0 brings in new handy recovery features such as faster backup speed, a new backup format that de-duplicates data between backups, fixed 2 GB restores, and minor UI improvements. If you are fond of flashing stuff on your Transformer then this is a must have for you.
This guide shows you how to flash ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0 for the Asus Transformer TF101.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Asus Eee Pad Transformer, model number TF101. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- An Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Backup all personal data on your tablet to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Download the ClockworkMod Recovery ZIP file (you may choose between the touch-based and the non-touch-based):
- Copy the ClockworkMod Recovery 6 ZIP file to the tablet's SD card.
- Turn your tablet off.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery by pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons until you see text scrolling at the top left of the tablet. Immediately push the Volume Up button within 5 seconds to enter Recovery Mode.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card, then select Choose ZIP from SD card. Select the ClockworkMod Recovery 6 file that you copied earlier. Confirm the installation and wait until the flashing is done.
- Go back to the main menu and select Reboot system now to restart your tablet.
Easy, right? Now you can enjoy a new and improved ClockworkMod Recovery for easy flashing of ROMs and memory efficient file backups.
Ken is an expert on management and is currently engrossed with his newly started adventure in logistics management. But, that's only his second love. His first love, of course, and without being mushy when this is said, is Android.