Dropbox have already announced their Android application a few weeks back, but now it is officially available in the Android Market. For those that are not familiar with Dropbox, it is a very popular file-storage solution for both the Mac and Windows.
Dropbox is a Web 2.0 based file hosting service operated by Dropbox, Inc. which uses cloud computing to enable users to store and share files and folders with others across the Internet using file synchronization. It was founded in 2007 by MIT graduates Drew Houston and Arash Ferdowsi…
The move into the Android Market is one which shows great promise for what is to come. As popular names in the web 2.0 world branch out with specific Android applications, it can only serve to strengthen the Market.
Other important features include:
- Upload from the phone to Dropbox
- Download files stored online
- Share links to files with friends or the public
- Automatically upload images taken from your camera
- Open files with other Android apps (for instance, Word docs can open with DocsToGo, images in PicSay, etc.)
- Search your Dropbox archive