The combination of the sweetness of Android ICS and the polished interface of MIUI makes MIUI 4 a suitable OS running on your Motorola Droid X2.
MIUI has gained its popularity by combining the features of the two most talked-about operating systems–Android and iOS. This ROM carries the features and some special apps from Android, while it also bears a resemblance of the polished, clean, and smooth design of iOS. No wonder MIUI has gained the favor of most custom ROM enthusiasts.
XDA developer aceoyame has come up the latest version of MIUI that is suitable for running on your Motorola Droid X2. Although it is still new and carries a few bugs, the ROM lets you enjoy the latest Android ICS with a twist of iOS on your Droid X2.
The ROM includes the following:
- MIUI US apps
- MIUI Control panel
- ICS Framework
- Black Ice Theme default
- Same working hardware in CyanogenMod 7
So, if you want to enjoy the MIUI v4 experience, continue reading our guide on how to install MIUI 4 on your Motorola Droid X2.
- Motorola Droid X2 running Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread firmware from Motorola. (You can flash the Gingerbread 2.3.4 SBF file by following this guide.)
- Your phone must also be rooted and must have Bootstrap Recovery installed.
- Download the MIUI4DX2 Beta 1 ROM package from here. Copy the ZIP file into the root of the phone’s external SD card.
- Download the patched Bootstrap Recovery APK file for Droid X2. Get the APK file here and copy the APK file into the root of the phone’s external SD card.
- Back up your phone data.
- Fully charge your phone battery.
- Reboot your phone into Bootstrap Recovery, as follows:
- Make sure your phone is not plugged into the computer.
- Connect the USB cable to your phone.
- Connect the other end of the USB cable to the wall charger adapter, but do not plug the wall charger into an outlet yet.
- Launch the System Recovery app on your phone. This is the Bootstrap Recovery app.
- If you have not yet installed the recovery image, do so by tapping “Install Recovery”. If the Superuser app prompts, choose to grant the recovery app permission. Make sure the recovery installation finishes completely.
- Plug the wall charger into the power outlet.
- Tap “Recovery Mode” in the System Recovery app. Your phone will enter into Bootstrap Recovery after a few seconds.
- Once in Bootstrap Recovery, first create a nandroid backup of your system. You can do this from Backup & restore > Backup.
- In bootstrap recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” and “Wipe cache partition.”
- Install the MIUI4DX2 Beta 1 ZIP file by selecting “Install zip from sdcard” from the menu and selecting the ZIP file to start the installation.
- Upon completion of installation, perform a complete wipe of your phone: Select “Wipe data/factory reset,” “Wipe cache partition,” and “Wipe Dalvik cache” (from “Advanced” menu).
- Reboot your phone into MIUI 4.
- Install the patched Bootstrap Recovery APK file that you copied into your phone’s external SD card.
- Launch Android Market and update your phone apps.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully upgraded your Motorola Droid X2 to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich via MIUI 4.