We are all made differently and so are phones. That is why when we buy a smartphone, some of us pick the latest one while some painstakingly research on the specs and features before they're sold. Some of us like the out-of-the-box features of our phones and some are interested in making the best out of one monster of a hardware. Sometimes, even the stock apps we have on our phones can seem a little boring. When your phone's regular apps have reached its novelty limit, we find custom ROMs to fill in the empty space. For HTC Droid DNA users who find HTC's Sense UI senseless, XDA Developer member MyComputerDoctor's FactoryROM Genome ROM will help you plenty.
The FactoryROM Genome ROM is a rooted and deodexed stock ROM minus all HTC-related files. True to its name, it is certainly a Sense-less ROM. You get to enjoy your Droid DNA without the bloat that comes with the prepackaged HTC apps. There's a cute custom boot animation that'll greet you when you turn your phone on. This ROM comes with the Apex Launcher, Superuser, HTC Flashlight, Busybox, GApps and more fixes. Version 2.0 of the ROM is relatively stable and works quite fast. Most of the issues from the earlier version have been addressed and fixed so you will enjoy the goodies that come with flashing this ROM without any hassle.
This guide shows you how to flash FactoryROM Genome ROM for the Droid DNA.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the HTC Droid DNA. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- An HTC Droid DNA with an unlocked bootloader and TWRP Recovery installed.
- Download FactoryROM Genome Version 2.0 (FactoryROM_DLX_Genome_2_0.zip, md5sum: 5dd5eea72423acbc7b75a5425d6499a1)
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the FactoryROM Genome ZIP file to your phone's SD card.
- Turn your phone off.
- Boot the phone into Recovery Mode. Press and hold down the Volume Down key and the Power button to enter Bootloader Mode. From here, scroll down to the Recovery option by using the Volume keys and select the option by using the Power button.
- Create a NANDroid Backup. Select Backup and swipe to initiate the backup process.
- Select Wipe > System and swipe to wipe.
- Select Back > Factory Reset and swipe to wipe.
- Select Back > Cache and swipe to wipe.
- Select Back > Dalvik Cache and swipe to wipe.
- Go back to the main menu.
- Select Install. Select the FactoryROM Genome ZIP file and swipe to flash.
- Once you're done flashing, click on Reboot System.
Good job! You have flashed the FactoryROM Genome ROM on your HTC Droid DNA. Let us know how you like this ROM by leaving a comment.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.