To date, there are two famous custom recoveries available for Android devices. One of which is the popular ClockworkMod Recovery, created by Koushik Dutta. Many developers have tried to make this custom recovery run on different Android devices, but not all devices get a working port.
RootzWiki member and developer dsb9938, the same developer of the Cubed DNA Kernel, shared Utkanos' version 18.104.22.168 of ClockworkMod Recovery. If you're not too hot on touch recoveries and prefer the old school way of flashing customizations, then ClockworkMod Recovery will be great for you. Flash ClockworkMod Recovery now by following the instructions below.
This guide shows you how to flash ClockworkMod Recovery for the Droid DNA.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the HTC Droid DNA. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- An HTC Droid DNA with an unlocked bootloader. Check our guide on how to unlock Droid DNA’s bootloader.
- A Windows PC
- Handset USB drivers installed on the PC. You may install the drivers by installing HTC Sync.
- Enable USB debugging on your handset.
- Disable antivirus, firewall, and other security software. Also disable HTC Sync and other software that accesses your phone. Such software can interfere with the procedure in this guide.
- Download the following:
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Extract fastboot.zip and the ClockworkMod Recovery ZIP file to your computer.
- Rename CWR.DNA.22.214.171.124.img into recovery.img and copy the file into the fastboot folder.
- Turn your phone off.
- Boot into Fastboot Mode. Press the Power button and hold down the Volume Down key to enter Bootloader Mode. From here, scroll to the Fastboot option using your phone’s Volume keys and select the option by using the Power button.
- Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable.
- Launch a command prompt on your PC and navigate to where the fastboot folder is located.
- Check if your PC recognizes your phone. You will find your phone's serial number after you have typed the following in the command prompt:
- Enter the following at the command prompt to flash the ClockworkMod Recovery image you've extracted:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Your phone will restart to Bootloader Mode.
- Navigate to the Recovery option to check if ClockworkMod Recovery properly installed.
- Select Reboot System Now.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed ClockworkMod Recovery on your HTC Droid DNA. Have fun flashing custom ROMs and kernels!
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.