Dragon Go! Now Available at Android Market
The new previous app has been given a major makeover and is now called Dragon Go!, taking with it the very best of the company’s voice technology. Through the app, users get to produce a compelling offering for direct access to more than 200 content providers including AccuWeather, Twitter, Facebook, Yahoo, Bing, ESPN, LiveNation, Rotten Tomatoes, Yelp, YouTube, and many more.
The app truly gives its users a complete hands-free experience when using their device. For example, you can play a song by simply saying the title and artist name and Dragon Go! will launch Spotify so your requested song can be played. Sounds exciting? Download Dragon Go! for your Android device now.
Nuance’s Dragon Go! Now Available for Android
Revolutionary Natural Language App Changes the Way Consumers Discover and Experience Content
Las Vegas and Burlington, Mass. (CES 2012) – January 10, 2012 – Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUAN) today announced that its revolutionary Dragon Go! app is now available for Android on the Android Market. Dragon Go! gives consumers direct access to over 200 of the most trusted and reliable destinations for mobile content simply by using their voice – including AccuWeather, Ask.com, Bing, Dictionary.com, ESPN, Facebook, Fandango, Last.fm, LiveNation, Milo.com, OpenTable, Pandora ® internet radio, Rotten Tomatoes, Spotify, Twitter, Wikipedia, Wolfram|Alpha, Yelp, YouTube, Yahoo! and many others.
Dragon Go! combines Nuance’s Dragon voice recognition and natural language understanding with artificial intelligence technology to dramatically simplify the mobile content experience – start to finish. Dragon Go! not only hears what you say, but actually understands what you mean. It immediately returns the most relevant content front and center on the Dragon Carousel, with additional relevant content from complementary providers. Further, Dragon Go!’s unique, open design preserves the content partners’ original look and feel.
“Legacy search applications are fading in mobile. Consumers want immediate and direct access to content – not scrolling, hunting or pecking through search links or filtered content,” said Michael Thompson, senior vice president and general manager, Nuance Mobile. “Dragon Go! gives people the freedom to speak openly, and magically get the content they want.”
Dragon Go! features the largest direct-access content ecosystem in mobile today. Consumers can say virtually anything and immediately jump to relevant destinations. For example:
• “What’s the best Thai food near me,” and be taken to the Yelp tab for local reviews, or flip over to the Phone tab to quickly call to find out about any specials on the menu that evening.
• “Reservations for two at Slanted Door in San Francisco,” to be taken directly to OpenTable to book a table for dinner, or scroll over to the Maps tab to find out how to get there from where you are now.
• “Show times for ‘Girl with the Dragon Tattoo’ to get to Fandango see show times, buy tickets, read fan reviews and see trailers, and then flick over to Twitter to see what other people are saying about the movie.
• “Play ‘Paradise’ by Coldplay” to play and listen to the song on Spotify if you’re a mobile Premium user or, on your Coldplay station on Pandora. Users can also pull up the video on the Media tab.
• “What is the formula for sulfur dioxide?” to compute the answer using Wolfram|Alpha’s vast knowledge in thousands of subject areas.
• “Who was the most popular celebrity of 2011?” and get the answer from Ask.com.
“Dragon Go! has been incredibly successful since its launch on iOS in July, winning several awards and holding a 4.5 star rating among users. We’re delivering fast, direct and open access to content for consumers – it’s just a better way to experience the mobile web,” said Vlad Sejnoha, chief technology officer, Nuance. “Dragon Go! eliminates the intermediate steps typically required to reach desired web or app destinations. It’s only going to get better as we continue to expand partnerships and bring new features and more content tailored for Android consumers.”
Dragon Go! is available for free on the Android Market in the US in U.S. English.
Dragon Go! is part of the Dragon Mobile Apps family, which includes the FlexT9 application for Android, Swype, Dragon Dictation and original Dragon Search apps for iOS. To learn more about all of the Dragon Mobile Apps, visit www.nuancemobilelife.com. Also be sure to follow the company on Twitter @DragonTweets and @NuanceMobile, and become a Fan of Dragon Mobile Apps on Facebook.
About Nuance Communications, Inc
Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUAN) is a leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. Its technologies, applications and services make the user experience more compelling by transforming the way people interact with devices and systems. Every day, millions of users and thousands of businesses experience Nuance’s proven applications. For more information, please visit www.nuance.com.