Download Dropbox v2.0.9 with Auto Uploads, and get up to 5GB of Extra Storage for free!
For those of you that don’t like Box, and would rather use Dropbox for all your cloud storage you may want to download the latest beta of Dropbox for Android. Dropbox just dropped a brand new experimental beta v2.0.9 that includes a cool new feature of automatic camera uploads. Similar to what Google+ gives you in their Android app.
Here’s what you’ll find:
- The app can now automatically upload photos and videos in the background using Wi-Fi or your data plan.
- No more size limit. So upload to your hearts content.
- If there are network issues, the upload will resume when those issues are resolved.
- Some performance improvements and bug fixes.
- You’ll also get 500MB of free space on your first automatic photo upload.
If you allow automatic uploads via your data plan, there is a setting to limit the file size to 25MB (files over this limit will wait for Wi-Fi) or set it to unlimited.
But wait, that’s not all! During the beta period you can rack up some more free storage. The first sync gives you an instant 500MB bump, and for every 500MB of photos and videos you upload automatically, you’ll receive an additional 500MB of free storage, up to 4.5 more gigabytes. That’s 5GB just to help test out the new Dropbox, all for free.
I should also mention that this free space isn’t separate from any free space you may have earned from the desktop client beta they announced yesterday.
What are you waiting for? Click the source link below to download the APK file and install it like you would any other app that’s not in the Market.