There’s a new Custom ROM in XDA Developers Forum Called DianXinOS, this ROM is base on Gingerbread and almost identical to the user interface of MIUI on the first look. Digging inside the ROM you will see its unique features like the following below:
- Individual apps (contacts, launcher, etc.) can be updated separately without the need to update the whole ROM.
- Beautiful UI
- Tons of battery saving options
- Very fast and super responsive
- Ability to set individual themes for each contact/message
- Make backups of contacts, text and phone, anywhere, anytime. Restore them from your phone or from the cloud.
- Record your own alarms
If you want to update your phone, just follow the simple steps below.
- Make sure that your phone battery is charge at least 60%
- Your phone should be in XXKH3 Firmware.
- Backup your phone data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- First, download the GalaxyS2-DXROM-tapasbbs_120224.zip on your computer.
- Then, connect your device to the computer using your USB Data Cable.
- Next, copy the zip file you downloaded earlier to the root directory of your SD card.
- Disconnect your phone to the computer.
- turn off your phone.
- Go to Clockworkmod recovery: press and hold the Volume up + Home + Power button.
- Once you’re in the recovery, do a nandroid backup by selecting backup> backup and restore> then backup to start saving your old ROM. (This will make a full backup of your existing ROM, and save it to the SD card. You can restore from this backup, if something gets messed up with the installation.)
- Now do a full wipe by selecting Mount and Storage then wipe the following:
- Format System
- Format Data
- Format Cache
- Go back to main menu and select advance then wipe dalvik-cache.
- From the main menu select install zip from Sd card> choose zip from Sd card> then select the GalaxyS2-DXROM-tapasbbs_120224.zip to start flashing the DianXinOS ROM.
- Finally, go back to main menu and select Reboot system now.
Congratulations, when your device boots up it should be running in DianXinOS, enjoy exploring your new ROM.