Details on the Motorola Droid Razr’s Impending Android 2.3.6 Update
Well it’s not Ice Cream Sandwich which I know a lot, if not all of you were hoping the Droid Razr’s next update was going to be. Instead you’ll be getting a newer version of Gingerbread. It looks as if the Changelog is quite long on this update that will be coming anytime now from Verizon.
- Mobile Hotspot will now successfully allow other devices to connect to all Internet websites.
- Improvements in the Mobile Hotspot security. + VZ Navigator® has been updated with the latest 3D map improvements.
Visual Voice Mail Updates:
- Visual Voice Mail messages can be marked as read.
- Visual Voice Mail message playback resumes when audio is switched to speaker.
- Visual Voice Mail will successfully subscribe or unsubscribe while connected with Wi-Fi.
- Successfully press back key after playback in Visual Voice Mail without error.
- Improved stability of data connectivity after Airplane Mode is disabled. + Improved data throughput performance in low-signal 4G environments.
- Improved Battery life when using Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP) Bluetooth® headsets.
- Successfully save multimedia ringtones.
- Favorite Contacts widget has been updated.
- Improved device stability when moving between home screen panels.
- Email icon has been updated for improved visibility.
- When performing an Over the Air (OTA) update, the display will correctly show the remaining download time.
- CMAS (Commercial Mobile Alert Service) feature has been added.
Aside from getting Android 2.3.6, you’ll also get some VCast apps now pre-installed plus, a.k.a. bloatware, MotoCast installation steps have been improved for ease of use.
Have you gotten the update yet? Let us know in the comments what you think of this new update.