Much has been said about MIUI. This popular custom ROM has already received so many good reviews from users. One of the qualities that set this ROM apart from the others is its user interface. The simple and straightforward looks of its UI make this custom ROM stand out. Some might say that its design was just copied from the iPhone, but if you are already using it, you can definitely tell its distinct qualities.
The recently updated MIUI 4 has been an astounding breakthrough. This new update is already based on Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich. Just imagine the awesomeness of MIUI combined with the greatness of ICS. This is a true powerhouse.
The latest MIUI has already been ported to a limited number of devices, which might be sad for us who did not get it. But, those people who own the HTC Desire Z are lucky–MIUI 4 has now been ported to the device. The ported version also works for the T-Mobile G2, which is the U.S. version of the Desire Z.
Read on for the steps for installing MIUI 4 into the HTC Desire Z or T-Mobile G2.
This is still the alpha version of MIUI 4. You may encounter issues with its functionalities and features. You need not worry though; this is a work in progress. If issues arise, for sure they will have a fix in the near future.
Please read all the steps first before you perform them on the device. This will allow you to foresee what will happen next.
This process will void the warranty of your device so be extra careful.
This is only compatible with the HTC Desire Z or the T-Mobile G2. Do not attempt to flash this ROM on a different device.
That’s it. Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich via MIUI 4 should already be running in your device. You can now treat yourself to your favorite snack and enjoy your new and upgraded HTC Desire Z or T-Mobile G2. Congratulations!
Like this post? Share it!
Do all apps work after installation, eg camera?
Today I wanted to flash my HTC Z with this manual.
- Boot manager is unlooked now
- Clockwork is installed as well
- Then I came to the step booting in recovery mode.
- But this ends always with a red triangle.
- On this screen I then press the volume up button and the power button together.
- Now I get into the recovery mode.
- I wiped the data / factory reset and cleared the cache.
- As next I wanted to install the zip file from SD card. but this ends always with the error information: E:Cant open /cache/recovery/comand
- After a view seconds the device reboots it self.
Does anyone has some tips or tricks how to workaround this cant open error?