The Ice Cream Sandwich madness is not yet over as another HTC device just recently got a taste of its irresistible sweetness. With the help of the Virtuous Quattro ROM, your HTC Desire Z can provide you with the pure Google experience of Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich.
The HTC Desire Z has been known to combine productivity and leisure into one device. Its QWERTY keyboard allows users to compose text messages in a flash, while maintaining its slim design. It sports a 3.7-inch screen for mobile browsing, and an 800-MHz CPU for your multitasking needs. The phone runs Android 2.2 Froyo, but you can now enjoy Android 4.0.3 ICS via Virtuous Quattro on your phone.
The Virtuous Quattro ROM for the HTC Desire Z is currently in its Alpha 3 form, with a few expected bugs and features not yet functioning. Nevertheless, it has most features of ICS functioning on your mobile device.
So, if you want to update your HTC Desire Z to pure Android 4.0.3 ICS, read the instructions below for installing Virtuous Quattro on your mobile device.
Notes and Requirements
- You will need a rooted HTC Desire Z with ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Create a backup of your mobile data or copy all files into your SD card in case it gets corrupted while installing the ROM.
- Charge your battery to at least 60% or more, to make your device last throughout the installation process.
- Install the ROM at your own risk. We are not responsible for any damage caused by your use of this guide.
- Click here to download the Ice Cream Sandwich ROM (Virtuous Quattro Alpha 3) for the HTC Desire Z and save it to your computer.
- Copy ZIP file to the root of your HTC Desire Z’s microSD card.
- Turn your device off.
- Boot the device into ClockworkMod Recovery by doing the following:
- Simultaneously press the Volume Down and Power buttons.
- On the next screen, highlight “bootloader” (using the Volume keys) and select it by tapping the Power button.
- Choose “recovery” (using the Volume keys) and select it by pressing the Power button.
- Create a backup for your current and working ROM by going to Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Perform a factory reset by selecting “Wipe Data/Factory Reset.” Make sure you confirm on the next screen that appears.
- Wipe the cache partition by selecting “Wipe Cache Partition.” Make sure you confirm on the next screen that appears.
- Clean out the Dalvik cache by going to main menu and selecting “Advance Setting > Wipe Dalvik Cache.” Make sure you confirm on the next screen that appears.
- Once all your data are cleaned out, select “Install zip from sdcard.”
- Select “Choose zip from sdcard” and find the downloaded ZIP file. Select it and confirm to start installation.
- After installing the ROM, select “Go Back” and restart your phone by selecting “Reboot System Now” to start anew with the sweetest Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich.
Hooray! You have successfully installed Android 4.0.3 ICS on your HTC Desire Z via Virtuous Quattro ROM.