HTC unveiled several new fascinating Android phones at this year’s Mobile World Congress. The HTC One V is one of HTC’s new Android phones belonging to the low-end category. Since the phone’s unveiling, its firmware has already been leaked and circulated all over the Web. The leaked firmware brings Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) plus the light version of HTC Sense 4.0 called HTC Sense 4.0A (Lite).
Naturally, developers swooped down on the leaked firmware, and XDA Developers member proxuser was able to port it to the HTC Desire HD via the custom ROM called Primo-S ROM. Users of the ROM are delighted not only because of ICS and HTC Sense 4.0A but also because the ROM is said to be the fastest among the other available ROMs for the Desire HD.
Notable features of the ROM include Sense 4.0A UI (Lite), an odexed system, init.d support, and 25 GB free Dropbox storage, root, multilanguage, and updated apps.
Most handset functions work out of the box, but the developer notes that certain functions still don’t work, including the camera, camcorder, Wi-Fi hotspot, and USB tethering.
Take a look at the rest of this guide to learn how to flash Android 4.0.3 ICS and HTC Sense 4.0A (Lite) on your HTC Desire HD.
- HTC Desire HD — rooted, S-OFF, with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. See our guide for rooting the HTC Desire HD.
- Fully charged battery or at least 70% battery left.
- Backup of your personal data and files.
- Download the latest Primo-S ROM for the HTC Desire HD from here (PrimoS-v3.0.zip, md5sum: 6c9168c3ccda528ebcb440357c2a022c). Save the ZIP file to your PC but do not extract the archive.
- Connect your HTC Desire HD to your PC via USB cable.
- Copy the ROM package to the root of your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect your phone from your PC.
- Switch off your phone completely.
- Reboot the phone into recovery mode. You can do this by pressing
and holding down the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously. When you reach the screen with a red exclamation mark, press the Volume Up and Power buttons together.
- In recovery mode, make a Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM by selecting “Backup and Restore”, then select “Backup”.
- Go back to the main recovery menu.
- Select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” then select “Yes” on the screen that follows to confirm the data wipe.
- Select “Install zip from sdcard”.
- Select “Choose zip from sdcard”, browse for the Primo-S ROM package that you copied to the phone, and select it.
- Confirm the installation by selecting “Yes”. It may take 5-10 minutes for the installation process to finish.
- After the installation is complete, select “Go back” then select “Reboot system now” to reboot your device.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed Android 4.0.3 ICS and HTC Sense 4.0A (Lite) on your HTC Desire HD via the Primo-S custom ROM.
Paul and I.T. are synonyms. If you need help with I.T.-related stuff, call on Paul. His experience with Android phones goes way back to the ancient single-core-phone days. But, he keeps himself up to date, so now he has a dual-core beast in his pocket, and is looking forward to getting his first quad-core monster, and when it comes, his first eight-core phone. Perhaps he should be called Mr. X-Core, where "X" equals the number of CPU cores.