Custom ROMs, in general, give you a more optimized experience compared to stock ROMs that ship with your Android phone straight from the manufacturer/carrier. Installing custom ROMs on your phone not only sometimes changes the look of its user interface (often for the better), but also tweaks and enhances the phone’s performance and maximizes its capabilities.
For those owning an HTC Desire HD, you can experience an improved Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread with HTC Sense 3.0 by flashing the Android Revolution HD 6.3.2 ROM on your phone.
If you wish to enjoy the benefits of the latest official RUU version 3.12.405.1 for Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread and HTC Sense 3.0 on your HTC Desire HD, look no further than mike1986′s Android Revolution HD 6.3.2 custom ROM.
The said ROM offers a more improved version of the stock HTC ROM, so it will still be the same familiar HTC interface that you’ve grown to love (or hate). In addition to that, the ROM includes an undervolted and tweaked kernel version 188.8.131.52.
Aside from being pre-rooted and having an unsecured boot.img, the ROM includes full GPU rendering, the latest BusyBox, RAM and speed optimizations, no bloatware, 4EXT Recovery, and many other interesting tweaks and mods that make the phone run better than ever before.
If you want to embrace a new and enhanced Android experience on your phone, read through our guide on how to flash Android Revolution HD 6.3.2 ROM to your HTC Desire HD.
- HTC Desire HD
- must be rooted (see our tutorial for rooting the HTC Desire HD)
- must have S-OFF
- must have at least ClockworkMod Recovery 184.108.40.206
- Charge your phone’s battery to 60% or more (full charge recommended). This will ensure that the phone has enough power to finish the flashing procedure.
- In case your data gets corrupted or erased, create a backup of your phone data and transfer all your personal files to the phone’s SD card.
- Be sure you are aware of the consequences of using this guide. We shall not be responsible for any damage arising from your use of these step-by-step instructions.
- These instructions are meant for the HTC Desire HD only. Using these instructions on another device can lead to damage or bricking.
- Download the Android Revolution HD 6.3.2 ROM from here (Android_Revolution_HD-4G_6.3.2.zip, 308 MB). Save the file to your computer but do not extract the ZIP file.
- Download the Super Wipe script here (Android_Revolution_HD_Super_Wipe.zip, 144 kB). Save the file to your computer but do not extract the ZIP file.
- Connect your HTC Desire HD to the computer via USB cable.
- Copy the two ZIP files directly into the phone’s SD card. Do not place the files inside any folder.
- Disconnect your phone from the computer.
- Turn off your mobile phone.
- Reboot your HTC Desire HD into ClockworkMod Recovery Mode by pressing the Volume Down key and Power button until recovery boots.
- Backup your existing ROM from Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Return to main recovery menu.
- Select “install zip from sd card.” Select “choose zip from sd card” and navigate to the Super Wipe file. Confirm the action to begin flashing the files on your phone.
- Flash the Android Revolution HD ROM in the same manner as in step 10.
- When installation is complete, go back to the main menu and reboot your phone.
Good job! You have upgraded your HTC Desire HD into a fully optimized Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread with HTC Sense 3.0 via the Android Revolution HD 6.3.2 ROM.