MyTouch 4G users will now get a taste of the Ice Cream Sandwich Rom via Cyanogenmod9 (CM9) thanks to febycv of XDA Developers Forum. This rom is in Alpha stage so expect to see some bugs like the following:
- USB Mount
If you still want to try it, just follow the simple steps below.
- Make sure that your phone battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your phone data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- MyTouch 4G (rooted and installed recovery)
- USB Data Cable
- First, download cm9_alpha_glacier.zip & ICS Gapps.
- Then, connect your phone to the computer using the USB Data cable.
- Next, copy the downloaded zip files to the root directory of your phone SD card.
- After that disconnect your phone to the computer and turn it off.
- Reboot to recovery by pressing down the volume down and power button together.
- Once your in recovery, do a nandbackup by selecting “backup and restore” then “backup”. (This will make a full backup of your existing ROM, and save it to the SD card. You can restore from this backup, if something gets messed up with the installation.)
- after that, go back to main menu and do a full wipe by wiping the following:
- Wipe data/Factory Reset
- Wipe Cache Partition
- Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Once finish we can now proceed on flashing the new CM9 ROM by selecting install Zip from SD card> Choose zip from sd card> then select cm9_alpha_glacier.zip
- Repeat step 8 to flash the ICS_gapps.
- Go back to main menu then select Reboot system.
Congratulations you have successfully updated your MyTouch 4G to CM9 rom.