One of the best things about CyanogenMod is that there is a build for just about every type of Android user. Those who love living on the edge delight in loading up the latest nightly builds, whereas others take comfort in knowing that they are using the latest stable build, and there’s also several other levels of stability in between these phases.
For those looking for the most recent builds possible while still getting an experience that’s generally more than capable of being used a daily driver, the best fit is the monthly “M” builds. Over the weekend, the latest monthly build arrived, billed as CM11 M5, bringing several new changes including additional AppOps permissions, quickboot support for select devices and much more.
Here’s the full change-log:
- Trebuchet – Fix last icon from hotseat disappearing
- Trebuchet – Fix custom home transition effect
- Volume Panel – Increase opacity of transparency (previous level led to visibility concerns)
- WhisperPush – Relocate to Privacy menu
- WhisperPush – fix NPE on viewing identity if unregistered
- Translations – Initial imports from CrowdIn (followup blog post next week)
- MultiSim – Additional support patches (25+)
- Privacy Guard – Additional AppOps permissions
- Additional Right-to-left (RTL) layout mirroring support
- Settings – Add ‘screen color’ support
- Quickboot support (device specific)
- Stylus – Fix eraser being disabled by palm rejection
- NavBar – Allow toggle in runtime (needs kernel support)
- Add ethernet icon support to status bar
- Dialer – Open Source forward/backward/incoming look-up
Now it is important to note that not every CyanogenMod device that gets a nightly build ends up with a snapshot release, though there’s certainly a wide range of around 50 devices including the HTC One S, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 5, LG G2 and many other smartphones and tablets. For the full list of devices that feature the M5 snapshot, you’ll want to head on over to the CyanogenMod download page.
Anyone install the latest CM11 M5 build on their device? If so, what do you think so far, everything working the way it should on your specific handset or tablet?