CyanogenMod 10 ROMs based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean are found virtually everywhere as new Android devices are constantly being added to the list. This new update from the CyanogenMod development team comes in the form of a modification that will change the old boot animation found on most CM10 ROMs. If you have recently flashed CM7 or CM9 ROMs before, then you're probably familiar with the boot animations that usually show the CyanogenMod mascot in blue named Cid.
This MOD replaces the animation, and replaces it with a clean logo of CyanogenMod, which is more appealing and best describes the CyanogenMod Team. The MOD is only available for the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100, and Google Nexus 7 for now, but we're crossing our fingers that it will also be available for a wide array of Android devices.
This guide shows you how to flash the CM10 boot animation for the Galaxy S2 I9100 or Nexus 7.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 and Google Nexus 7. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 or Google Nexus 7 tablet running a Jelly Bean-based custom ROM
- Download the boot animation file for your device:
- Backup all personal data on your phone and tablet to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the downloaded boot animation ZIP file to your device's internal SD card.
- Reboot the device into custom recovery:
- For Samsung Galaxy S2 — Press and hold down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons until your phone boots into custom recovery.
- For Nexus 7 — Turn off the tablet. Connect it to your computer via USB cable. Press and hold the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons until your tablet boots into Bootloader Mode. Using the Volume keys, highlight Recovery and select it with the Power button. When the red warning triangle appears, hold down the Power button and tap the Volume Up key to enter Recovery Mode.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card. Select Choose ZIP from SD card. Browse for the downloaded mod file and select it. Confirm the installation process by selecting Yes on the next screen.
- After the installation process is complete, head back to the main recovery menu by selecting Go back.
- Reboot your phone or tablet by selecting Reboot system now and watch the new CyanogenMod 10 boot animation as your device boots up.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the new CyanogenMod 10 boot animation on your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 or Google Nexus 7.
Paul and I.T. are synonyms. If you need help with I.T.-related stuff, call on Paul. His experience with Android phones goes way back to the ancient single-core-phone days. But, he keeps himself up to date, so now he has a dual-core beast in his pocket, and is looking forward to getting his first quad-core monster, and when it comes, his first eight-core phone. Perhaps he should be called Mr. X-Core, where "X" equals the number of CPU cores.