1. Join the forums

The Android Authority community is a great place to connect with other people from around the world who love Android.
    Why you should create an account?
    • Comment on articles and talk in our forums
    • Access to exclusive giveaways & contests
    • Collect Droids that can be redeemed for exclusive Android Authority apparel.
    • Get help from Android experts and other device owners.

Register or Login.

Yellow bottom tint on the video

Discussion in 'OnePlus Smartphones' started by gnatok, Jul 12, 2014.

1. gnatok

gnatok Member

Devices:
    OnePlus One
    Yellow tint problem is getting bigger and bigger.
    First video with this problem from OPO user.

Similar problem from OPPO Find 7 user.

But OPPO will replace broken devices. ONEPLUS - no.
    Do we have some tech guys here? Because they told that it is software problem.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  2. Luka

Luka Administrator Staff Member Sentient Droid

Devices:
    Xiaomi Mi3
    Theoretically they could fix it with software. I think at least. They would have to make it so the screen shows an uneven distribution of light to compensate. I'm not sure on how simple that would be, if at all possible.
    The problems for the OnePlus are never ending. Worst of all is Pete Lau's reluctance to resign from his position as CEO of the company. A lot of what's been going on has to do with really bad management.

EDIT:
    [​IMG]
    Sounds like bull to me considering this.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  3. gnatok

gnatok Member

Devices:
    OnePlus One
    @Luka thanks.
    They can ignore us and this problem because of this stupid invite system. They control sales and a lot of people will be happy even if they will get the phone with yellow tint. I was so happy when I finally got the invite and now I don't know what I need to do.
    Some guys place RMA one week ago and didn't get an answer. The fastest way to get a response is to open dispute on Paypal, but I love this phone and I want replacement, not a refund (minus shipping) (((

4. Luka

Devices:
    Xiaomi Mi3
    Maybe just wait for the OS update. The problem might be fixed/corrected with it. If it's not, by then there will be more people coming out and they won't be able to avoid the problem.

gnatok likes this.
  5. John Williams

John Williams Member

Devices:
    Nexus 7(2013) Omnirom, OnePlus One CyanogenMod 11s
    I bought the Oppo Find 7a. That had a serious yellow tint problem. I returned that and received a refund.
    Then I got an invite from OnePlus, so I bought the One.
    That has the yellow tint problem, but only very slightly. I can obscure it by activating on screen buttons. This just as well, as it would appear I'm stuck with it.
    It's a great shame foe OpO, as it is an excellent device in other ways.
    They now seem to be blaming JDI for shipping the screens to them before the glue had "cured".
    Do you give any credence to this Luka? If it is true, the problem will surely fade as the glue does cure.

6. gnatok

gnatok Member

Devices:
    OnePlus One
    IMG-20140718-WA0000.jpg
    My screen now is 95% healed. Is think this is not a LED problem

7. mkygod

mkygod Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    Nexus 5
    Get real. If this is a hardware problem, which it looks like it is, a software solution will not fix or compensate for it. How would anyone go about compensating for the yellow? by making those areas whiter than white? By adding a bit of blue to that yellow to produce a neutral tint of grey?

Even if by some miracle that they succesfully compensate for those corners, it's not going to work for everyone as its likely that not everyone will have the same pattern of yellowing.

8. John Williams

John Williams Member

Devices:
    As I say, I think it's the glue. It's stuff called LOCA, which is cured under UV lights. The screens have been rushed out.
    The backlight excuse doesn't sound likely, my yellow tint does not have a smooth edge. A light leak would do.
    A software issue, colour temperature basically, would be easy to fix with an update.
    It's glue. Therefore, it should cure itself over time. There's UV in sunlight :)

9. Luka

Devices:
    Xiaomi Mi3
    I don't know man. It's not like i can take OnePlus on their word. Everything they say i take with the grain of salt. Still if it was a problem that's not going away by itself, i don't think they would risk not giving people RMAs. Than again i would give an RMA even if the problem was going away and then later sell the devices as "refurbished". They wanted to avoid a situation where someone could say that they sold a bad batch but the bed press that was created by just one guy for not giving an RMA hurt them even more.
    Anyhoo, yea i figure it will go away for the most part if not competently. I'm curious myself to see what happens.

10. John Williams

John Williams Member

Devices:
    Further to my post of ten days ago, re the yellow screen issue.
    I used software buttons to obscure the yellow tint.
    However, I've been checking it occasionally, and it seems to have gradually got better,
    So much so, that I have now gone back to hardware buttons.
    If I stare at that area of the screen long enough, I think I can still detect a slight yellowing, but it could easily be my imagination.
    Whatever, it is no longer an issue for me :)

Guti1977, Stocklone and Luka like this.
  11. Darshan Omji Heda

Darshan Omji Heda Member

12. Stocklone

Stocklone Member

Devices:
    OnePlus One
    I'm in the same boat. I think it might still be yellow. Could just be my eyes though.

13. mihai dumitrescu

mihai dumitrescu Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    nexus 5, samsung tab p3110
    I've read somewhere that the yellow screen tint was caused by the glue (used to hold the screen) that did not dry off yet, and as a solution, it was recommended to keep the screen under direct sunlight or UV light for about 10 min. I don't know if that is real or not, but another user made an app available in the Play Store which adds a screen filter in the respective area to cancel the yellow tint.

14. fxguru77

fxguru77 Member

Devices:
    nexus HTC samsung
    I think its a hardware problem you can literally see the light spots bleadding from the bottom of de screen the you mentioned is OK but it does not work in landscape mod