1. Join the forums

The Android Authority community is a great place to connect with other people from around the world who love Android.
    Why you should create an account?
    • Comment on articles and talk in our forums
    • Access to exclusive giveaways & contests
    • Collect Droids that can be redeemed for exclusive Android Authority apparel.
    • Get help from Android experts and other device owners.

Register or Login.

Why so many AA Changes?

Discussion in 'Member Feedback & Suggestions' started by xVxM4tthewxVx, Jul 18, 2014.

1. xVxM4tthewxVx

xVxM4tthewxVx Member Droid Minion

Devices:
    ZTE Valet
    Hello everyone!
    I have a quick question for the Mods and Admins: Whats up with all the changes to Android Authority? Every time I get on, something has changed!
    And a little suggestion to go along with the question: A thread should be made, and should be updated with all the changes to Android Authority.

Thanks!​

2. Rob Triggs

Rob Triggs Administrator Staff Member Battle Droid

Devices:
    Galaxy S2 (PA 4.4), LG G3
    @Derek Scott is the man with all the details.

Essentially though, regular tweaks are being so that AA can get closer to our readers/community. Hence the big changes regarding forum integration recently.

3. xVxM4tthewxVx

xVxM4tthewxVx Member Droid Minion

Devices:
    ZTE Valet
    I'm not really enjoying these new changes. The nav links should not be hidden within a menu, the should be displayed on the navigation bar itself, like before.

4. Rob Triggs

Rob Triggs Administrator Staff Member Battle Droid

Devices:
    Galaxy S2 (PA 4.4), LG G3
    Sorry to hear that. What exactly don't you like about the navigation menu? Is it harder to find what you want, more difficult to use, etc?

5. Luka

Luka Administrator Staff Member Sentient Droid

Devices:
    Xiaomi Mi3
    I get how it's inconvenient but there's nothing there really. It's just displays all the posts by category. If you follow AA regularly like i do than there's no need to open the menu at all.

Darcy LaCouvee likes this.
  6. Derek Scott

Derek Scott Webmaster Staff Member Protocol Droid

Devices:
    OnePlus One, Nexus 5, Nexus 7
    The
    As we continue to expand we need a better form of navigation to find what you need. We felt the best way to offer complete site navigation is through the new expandable menu.

We tried something new with putting the navigation/breadcrumb links in the header to let you know where you are on the site.

We appreciate any and all suggestions. The subcategories are hidden by default and are noted with an arrow to let you know there are sub categories/sections. It's standard practice to let the user control and see what sub sections they want to access.

Darcy LaCouvee likes this.