1. Join the forums

The Android Authority community is a great place to connect with other people from around the world who love Android.
    Why you should create an account?
    • Comment on articles and talk in our forums
    • Access to exclusive giveaways & contests
    • Collect Droids that can be redeemed for exclusive Android Authority apparel.
    • Get help from Android experts and other device owners.

Register or Login.

Why most of the people hate Samsung?

Discussion in 'Android Q&A' started by DirtyFred, May 25, 2014.

1. DirtyFred

DirtyFred New Member

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Reading the articles and comments on the Android Authority app i realised most of the people hate Samsung,mostly the Galaxy S line.I was wondering why.
  2. Sloebas

Sloebas New Member

Because Sammy created touchwiz
    Jayfeather787, Filippos and DaX like this.
  3. guitarist18

guitarist18 New Member

Touch Wiz! I like a stock android experience so much better.
    Jayfeather787 likes this.
  4. DirtyFred

DirtyFred New Member

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Aham.I was an Iphone user before i switched to Android so that is my first Android phone( S4 ), and it has been working pretty well for now.
  5. imS0ul

imS0ul New Member

Devices:
    Bright Red Nexus 5 !
    TouchWiz (which is awful and it makes one's phone lag like stupid, no matter the specs), late or inexistent updates, horrible marketing stategy, awful customer support, completely insane phone price-points (I mean, the note 3 costs 250$ to make for crying out loud), system-embedded bloatware (so you can't uninstall it without root)...
    I had an S2 and S3. Thankfully I didn't upgrade to the S4 at the time.

[Uff. What a rant :p]
    Mateo likes this.
  6. Soutik

Soutik New Member

Devices:
    nexus 5, HTC one V, Moto G, HTC explorer
    Haha nice one imSoul. It plain sucks on the software front. Plus the stupid back. The note 3 back was better but again S5 is a weirdo.
    imS0ul likes this.
  7. imS0ul

imS0ul New Member

Devices:
    Bright Red Nexus 5 !
    The gold one and the white one were really insane really. Golf balls.. lol
  8. Sloebas

Sloebas New Member

Gold one is a bandage :p
  9. imS0ul

imS0ul New Member

Devices:
    Bright Red Nexus 5 !
    Exactly ! Hahaha
  10. Bejoy Samuel

Bejoy Samuel New Member

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500; Nexus 7 (W+C) (2012)
    Several gimmicks too many
    Seriously uncool
    It feels cheap
    Fatter, taller, wider, heavier
    TouchWiz
  11. AgentChaos

AgentChaos New Member

Devices:
    Moto G (XT1032 16GB)
    I had an S2. finally got rid of it. if it wasnt for custom roms, i would probably be enraged and go on a killing spree. lack of support from Samsung.
    their software is terrible. So happy that I got the Moto G.
  12. Derek Scott

Derek Scott Webmaster Staff Member

Devices:
    Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Moto G
    Everyone likes to hate the king.

I think Samsung is as strong as ever with the masses, I think they have fallen out favor with the tech leaders. They have lost some of their mojo, their identity, their soul. Creating endless product lines, trying to squeeze every penny out of each and every consumer.
    imS0ul, jamboss and Ed Briggs like this.
  13. Ed Briggs

Ed Briggs New Member

Devices:
    Nexus 5, Ubuntu laptop
    Bloatware, expensive, and touchwiz. No thanks.
    AgentChaos likes this.
  14. AveragerootedANDROIDuser

AveragerootedANDROIDuser New Member

Devices:
    Nexus 5, Galaxy ace 2, Digicel Dl600, BlueStacks, and a chinese knock off android tablet.
    Based on my personal experience-
    1. TouchWiz SUCKS (causes phones/tablets to lag).
    2.Cheap plastic design and poor built quality (screen breaks too quickly and housing is easily scratched up.
    3.System bloatware (takes up device storage space) can not be uninstalled or removed without rooting your device.
    4.Different features are exclusive to different devices (can't get all of samsung's exclusive,premium feature on just one device)
    5.Speaker sound horrible.
    6.Alot more problems
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
    Jieggz and AgentChaos like this.
  15. Oohaylima from XDA

Oohaylima from XDA New Member

I didn't realize this community had such an adamant hatred towards Samsung.

Personally, I've found development to be a lot easier with Samsung than my former HTC phones. So I do not have any animosity towards the company. But, if they don't do something better in their next release, they're going to start losing ground on their hold of the market.
  16. Stefan Mancevski

Stefan Mancevski New Member

Devices:
    HTC One M8
    The only reason why people are complaining about Samsung products is because of their Software and that is TouchWiz. It's always looks like it's in some beta version, like something is not finished yet... There is always lag... And my biggest question is: Why do you need 1 f... sec to open My Magazine on THE BRAND NEW S5? I just don't get it... It's total nonsense for me. And the gallery too.... and let's not talk about widget panel on S4 and S3....... Ohhh Samsung, samsung.... and don't tell me that is because of bloatware.
    If only Samsung spent less money on marketing and more on TouchWiz development

Thanks
  17. Darcy LaCouvee

Darcy LaCouvee Team AA Staff Member

I think it's quite simple - Samsung is the world's largest smartphone manufacturer. They produce devices for every market, at every price point, and many people interchange Galaxy phones with Android. Any manufacturer or brand that reaches as many people as Samsung does is likely to earn the ire of a few. And for sure, at Android Authority, we have an audience of mobile technology fanatics. We all live and breathe this stuff. There's no doubt that Samsung makes quality gear - but if they're guilty of one thing, it's of milking the Galaxy name. They could also focus a bit more on refining their design language. But the quality of their displays, cameras, and batteries really is top notch.

And don't even get me started on Touchwiz, eh @imS0ul ;)
    Mateo likes this.
  18. Darcy LaCouvee

Darcy LaCouvee Team AA Staff Member

Excellent point @Oohaylima from XDA They could have done a bit more - but the S5 remains a technological achievement, if only for its improved durability, epic ISOCELL camera, and brighter display. Samsung makes great gear, and they're getting better at device updates. If you're a developer, you can't ignore Samsung.
  19. DHRUV

DHRUV New Member

Devices:
    NEXUS 5
    People hate Samsung because or mainly 3 reason.
    1. 95% of Samsung device will hang many times. Latest phone of Samsung S5 hang two times a day.

2. It work very slowly like if you click on back button then it take to much time, if you open contact or call log it take time to open also if you receive any call phone will ring but it show name or no. After few second.
    Whichever Samsung phone you high devise or low device this problem come like free gift.

3. Whichever phone you buy it look like same phone. Design is not changing like HTC change it phone design in every phone & built in quality is also good.

Sent from my Nexus 5
  20. DHRUV

DHRUV New Member

Devices:
    NEXUS 5
    People hate Samsung because or mainly 3 reason.
    1. 95% of Samsung device will hang many times. Latest phone of Samsung S5 hang two times a day.

2. It work very slowly like if you click on back button then it take to much time, if you open contact or call log it take time to open also if you receive any call phone will ring but it show name or no. After few second.
    Whichever Samsung phone you high devise or low device this problem come like free gift.

3. Whichever phone you buy it look like same phone. Design is not changing like HTC change it phone design in every phone & built in quality is also good.

Sent from my Nexus 5