1. Join the forums

The Android Authority community is a great place to connect with other people from around the world who love Android.
    Why you should create an account?
    • Comment on articles and talk in our forums
    • Access to exclusive giveaways & contests
    • Collect Droids that can be redeemed for exclusive Android Authority apparel.
    • Get help from Android experts and other device owners.

Register or Login.

Why apple rules?(Must read)

Discussion in 'General Technology News and Discussion' started by Sobahi, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Sobahi

Sobahi New Member

Devices:
    iPhone 4s , Samsung galaxy S2 , Samsung Galaxy Ace
    About a month ago Apple acquired beats audio company and it's now the most expensive company apple has ever bought.... This made fans on fire to get the new I devices comin this fall... While I think it's a minor deal it won't change much... This reminded me of android fans... Whom are more intersted in features that don't reaaly matter... A weak ago a frnd of mine showed me the 2 finger slide on notification bar!!! I mean wt is this?!!! + u call that a GUI?!?! ... Let's take for an example a note 3 with a Snap dragon processor it has 3 GB RAM the android and file systems gets more than 1.2 GB of that whilst an iPhone 4!!! Has 512 MB of RAM only about 132 MB are system :D this is called software-hardware harmony... Anyway what I'm tryin to say here that b4 the apple acquisition of beats...apple made a deal(partnership) with IBM..which-in my opinion- will be one of the greatest deals ever made... No One in the internet community is excited for it except for me.... Cuz tbh... Nowadays phones are more like toys.... Full of shitty features and colours and the users are more stupider than the phones themselves... Let's get back to it.... IBM was and still one of the greatest companies in the computing tech... And till now it's the no.1 company in computer analysis ... It had it's little downfall in this century just like Microsoft .... Big computer companies.. Like Microsoft,IBM and Apple where battling in the computer field for over 3 or maybe 4 decades ... The settling point in these wars(in my opinion) was the phone expanding time which was in about 2005-2006 Microsoft and IBM decided to bail callin it "nonsense, and that computers can't be replaced" which I think is one of the stupidest decisions ever made by such big names..... Apple which was the winner of both battles.. Chose wisely... 2006 first iPhone was introduced... And Apple "the giant" lead the way for other competitors to try and have their shots....
    Apple... From the beggining wasn't intrested in the Neither the GUI nor the hardware specs... Which later on became it's blind spot for competitors like Samsung and HTC to take advantage of... It focused on basics... From early begginings apple's motto was "keeping simple yet useful" this is what the company is about.... In simple words "productivity"... That's why the iOS is considered the most successful OS ever made .... Let's get back to SAMSUNG which was or is... An a/C and fridges nd cell phones company made a very sane decision to get in the smart phones buisness...(note : it now represents more than 65% of the conpany's profits).... The problem was the software back then.... At the same time Google was developing a new phone OS which was the "android" it made a partnership with SAM... And SAM started producing the new "android devices" ...which was successful due to the following reasons : 1-CHEAP 2-strong google advertisement 3-the huge demand which apple didn't supply... sAmsung grew little by little sharing the profits with google which wasn't basically focusin on profits ,but the pride of winning the war" a war that can't be won" .... The android at it strats... asteroid ,bento , cupcake and doughnut was a little bit frustrating but with the eclair , froyo it was progressing in the right way.... When the gingerbread was released for smart phones and honey comb for tablets... SAM was now a considerable foe for iPhone.... And as the war kept on ragin ... Both companies where on the brinks of Fallin this wt made both start bein "creative" instead of bein' "productive"... As the ice cream sandwich was released... Samsung was now gently reachin for the throne which apple was coronated on!.... But unfortunately Samsung had a change of hearts ... When the jelly bean was released it was the most android version that was anticipated by Smart phones fans.... But it was a huge mistake for samsung..... In my opinion... Samsung could've had that crown.... Let's see why... First of.... It's hardware specs where unmatched starting with S2 which was the phone of the year on 2010 takin the crown from apple... It's specs where fascinating at that time and as time kept on movin the hardware specs were advancing also... It whooped apple down in the knees.... Second of all the device where more affordable for a normal customer... Lastly it had the media attention now .... But once 2012 came the hardware was toooooo much advanced than the software... Which made the company lose it's brilliance by losin that sync... Many attempts where made to componsate and try to fix that but those attempts where made by Samsung nt google... Cuz tbh.... Samsung took the backfiring of it it's self... Nt google... Sam attempt was designing a new OS called "bada" which failed immediately ,but it tried to get back by Having the new "tizen OS which is till now have made a little success but compared to the bada it was a huge one... Meanwhile apple realized that it's starting to lose ... So it began the work on trying to figure out the 2 points that might've costed it badly... 1)GUI 2)hardware specs... In an unfamiliar attempt... Apple for the first time made a huge makeover to the iPhone on 2011producing the larger iPhone 5 which was a perfect step to take back then.... Once the iPhone 5s was released on '13 with the brand new Touch ID which was a first at a time ...and a hard blow to every company.. Apple won it's loyal fans back and kept the throne for itself once again.... Will it keep on surprising us more with the iPhone 6!
    A quiz that time only can answer!
    -SOBAHI
  2. Mewtwo

Mewtwo New Member

Devices:
    OnePlus One, iPhone 5S
    1) please format it better and don't use so many ellipses(?)

2) apple rules over here in the US (or my School) because iPhones just work. They work out of the box and you don't have to do much to get it the way you like. If you want a little more customization, you can jailbreak it.
    But if you have the newest iPhone when it drops, you'll be seen as someone with a lot of money. You'll put your social status just a bit higher. So iPhones are seen as "cooler" device than an android. If you have an android, you're seen as someone with not a lot of money. Not to mention, they're way too huge to use comfortably and girls can't fit a 5 inch phone in their pockets easily. And since iPhones easily connect with each other (iMessage, better Kik/Twitter/Instagram UI), people get them over android.
    And if you get an android, you'll usually get a Samsung. Maybe an HTC, but you rarely ever see an LG G3 or Nexus 5, just Galaxy devices. The only person I know who has an HTC is my friend and it's a Windows phone. The only person I know who owns a Nexus 5 is my friend who is a bit of a tech geek.
    Which brings me to another point. Advertising. iPhone ads are everywhere. You see them on TV and they make you go wow. Android advertising is almost nonexistent here. The only advertising I've seen is a Galaxy ad and a LG G3 ad and they were all on the Internet. The iPhone has TV and billboard and Internet hype while Android has Internet advertising and hype going for it.
    So yeah, that's why (in my area) Android isn't as popular as iPhone.
    Jayfeather787 likes this.
  3. Luka

Luka Super Moderator

"About a month ago Apple acquired beats audio company and it's now the most expensive company apple has ever bought"
    -Google bought Motorola for 4 times as much :p

"This reminded me of android fans... Whom are more intersted in features that don't reaaly matter"
    -Apple rebuilt the brand on gimmicks alone.

"A weak ago a frnd of mine showed me the 2 finger slide on notification bar!!! I mean wt is this?!!! + u call that a GUI?!?!"
    -You can still do it with one finger, two brings you the switch console. It's an added feature. You can turn it of if you don't like it.

"Let's take for an example a note 3 with a Snap dragon processor it has 3 GB RAM the android and file systems gets more than 1.2 GB of that whilst an iPhone 4!!! Has 512 MB of RAM only about 132 MB are system :D this is called software-hardware harmony..."
    -Well it don't take much to make a go kart run, don't you think?

"Anyway what I'm tryin to say here that b4 the apple acquisition of beats...apple made a deal(partnership) with IBM..which-in my opinion- will be one of the greatest deals ever made... No One in the internet community is excited for it except for me.... Cuz tbh... Nowadays phones are more like toys.... "
    -Samsung also made a partnership with Apple or did you forget about that. If i had a dime for every partnership in the last 10 years i would buy a new phone.

"IBM was and still one of the greatest companies.........."
    -After reading some of this i'm not to sure you know what IBM does this days?
    Read this: http://www-03.ibm.com/employment/news/200908_volume3art2_realibm.html
    So as you see it's just another job for IBM. Partnerships is what they do now.

"From early begginings apple's motto was "keeping simple yet useful" this is what the company is about...."
    -Because it could sell on hype alone.
    This is what the company once stood for:
    [​IMG]
    Today it's. Does less, costs more, it's that simple.

"That's why the iOS is considered the most successful OS ever made"
    -That would be Windows.

"And SAM started producing the new "android devices" ...which was successful due to the following reasons : 1-CHEAP 2-strong google advertisement 3-the huge demand which apple didn't supply..."
    -Lol what? Samsung is anything except cheap. 2nd point is has no basis in reality. Samsung is spending more cash than anyone. I'll give you the 3rd point but at this point after saying 30 tings you are bound to get one right.

Everything after the last quote:
    [​IMG]

Oh and this:
    "Once the iPhone 5s was released on '13 with the brand new Touch ID which was a first at a time ...and a hard blow to every company."
    Blow indeed, how will Android recover from Touch ID :D

You just compered the company that's more like Apple than any other manufacturer in the Android ecosystem. If you want apples and oranges i would suggest OnePlus as it is the most opposite thing of Apple i can think of.
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    shashank and Jayfeather787 like this.
  4. Jayfeather787

Jayfeather787 New Member

Devices:
    Nexus 7 2013, Nexus 5, HTC Sensation, Motorola Droid X, Samsung Galaxy Exhibit
    Android phones have had a finger print sensor since 2008 just to begin with. Go troll elsewhere.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2014
  5. Luka

Luka Super Moderator

Sorry man, i had to edit your post. I can't have directed insults here all though i understand the frustration :D
  6. Jayfeather787

Jayfeather787 New Member

Devices:
    My comment looks the same on my screen.
  7. Luka

Luka Super Moderator

Yea, I just removed the first sentence :p
  8. Jayfeather787

Jayfeather787 New Member

Devices:
    Oh. My memory isn't the best. Okay.
  9. Vikas Rao

Vikas Rao New Member

Devices:
    Nexus 4
    Badly structured and terrible vocabulary. I just got bored reading it after the first 2 lines. So yeah, hurrah apple, I do believe that was what you were going for. Cheers
  10. shashank

shashank New Member

Devices:
    LG L5 with CM11
    Obvious desperate troll,It was very painful to read
    Well,I must say things work out on apple and there are not lot of phones they have to concentrate on for them to make the OS work better on their device.
  11. KrisAcharya

KrisAcharya New Member

Devices:
    LG Nexus 4
    Even if he wanted to start a meaningful discussion(which I doubt), his obvious lack of command over the English language made me stop after the second '...'
    Google Docs is free you know, and it's available on the iPhone !. Using it will do him a whole lot of good.
  12. Luka

Luka Super Moderator

Yup. I understand bad English, god knows mine sucks. Especially when it's not your native language. But this "...", that's just being lazy :p
  13. Dr.Ronak Patel

Dr.Ronak Patel New Member

Devices:
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Yes Apple leads but only by 1%. Reports from china has confirmed that Apple's sales are going down specially in iPad section,compare to iPhone has kept his grip by selling highest numbers of iPhone 5s since the iPhone.

I still remember there was so much excitement when Apple release iOS or iDevice. But that era has gone. Creating shit over a years,doesn't make customer amaze! You know some of them quoted iPhone 5S( "S" stands for Same Shit), So yeah,Apple probably won't stay longer in the battle.

Also i've read one of commented that in USA most of people uses iPhone more than android. To be exact 60~70% teenagers uses iPhone over android. But it's just in USA. Sort of a SHOWOFF.
  14. Chris Denton

Chris Denton New Member

Devices:
    Nexus 7 2013, Samsung Galaxy S3
    Wow! I've got nothing against Apple but I personally prefere the Android platform. I say pick a platform that works for you. Whether it's iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry or Android.
  15. XtreamSignature

XtreamSignature New Member

Devices:
    Xperia Z1 C6903
    If you Apple Lovers want to know more about iPhone 6, just look at a IPhone 5, and imagine it is worth $200 more.
  16. XtreamSignature

XtreamSignature New Member

Devices:
    Xperia Z1 C6903
    I don't think Apple is loyal to the customers.
    1. Every Multi-Touch product they make doesn't look and feel simple anymore.
    2. You have no choice of interest. Due to its lack of Widget Platform, it does not allow users to make their phones more attractive maybe?
    3. Its a closed source OS.
    It means that the only product you can get with iOS is from Apple. So if you like features from other manufacturer into your iPhone, you can't. Apple has already made sure that the OS must be in a as-it-is state.
    4. Fingerprint scanner is another excuse for:I forgot my password
    So... Fingerprint scanners might be one of the most advance technology for security of today. But what if you injure that particular finger, and forgotten your password? You're on your own buddy
  17. Waterdroid

Waterdroid New Member

Eww iOS. That's all I've got to add.