1. Join the forums

The Android Authority community is a great place to connect with other people from around the world who love Android.
    Why you should create an account?
    • Comment on articles and talk in our forums
    • Access to exclusive giveaways & contests
    • Collect Droids that can be redeemed for exclusive Android Authority apparel.
    • Get help from Android experts and other device owners.

Register or Login.

What's your favorite case?

Discussion in 'Android News & Discussion' started by Ed Briggs, May 19, 2014.

1. Ed Briggs

Ed Briggs Member Droid Minion

Devices:
    Nexus 5, Ubuntu laptop
    Right now, I really like the Ringke Fusion Crystal View case. If you want protection but still want to show off your phone, it's an awesome choice, as the whole case is clear. And the sides are soft, providing plenty of grippiness.

[​IMG]

Darcy LaCouvee likes this.
  2. Bejoy Samuel

Bejoy Samuel Member

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500; Nexus 7 (W+C) (2012)
    I use the Samsung Galaxy S4. And I am using the "Galaxy S4 Case Ultra Thin Air Color" case from Spigen. Its light weight and offers premium protection for me.
    I am now thinking to try the "
    Galaxy S4 Case Neo Hybrid", and thats from Spigen too.

3. SundayFunday

SundayFunday Member

I've always been an Otterbox guy personally, I know you pay extra and they aren't the best looking, but I can rest well at night because I know my phone is secure. PS. I drop my phone a lot :)

4. Andrew Grush

Andrew Grush Team AA Staff Member Protocol Droid

I'm boring, I have an official Nexus 5 case from Google Play (the yellow one). :)

5. imS0ul

imS0ul Member Protocol Droid

Devices:
    Bright Red Nexus 5 !
    I have the black cruzerlite android case, unfortunately covering up my beautiful bright red nexus :(

6. Derek Scott

Derek Scott Webmaster Staff Member Protocol Droid

Devices:
    OnePlus One, Nexus 5, Nexus 7
    I'm not a fan of the Cruzerlite cases, I think they look a bit cheap. What do you like/dislike about your Cruzerlite Case S0ul?

7. imS0ul

Devices:
    Bright Red Nexus 5 !
    Well the Android design on the back just had me. It's awesome. Also, I really like the grippy material. And yes, the downside is that it feels a bit cheap but I'm willing to compromise it. As long as the red body doesn't get hurt, that's all it matters :p

8. BasedDoge

BasedDoge Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    Atrix HD rooted and ub CM 11, LG G3, LG G pad 7.0
    i don't really like cases for phones im just really frightened about my phone heating up lol and just they don't really look good but that's just my option.

9. Driftslave

Driftslave Member

Devices:
    Nexus 5
    Spigen Neo-Hybrid case for my Nexus 5 is pretty awesome. Combine with the temper glass protector...It looks nice and stays safe.

10. Ed Briggs

Devices:
    Nexus 5, Ubuntu laptop
    I have the yellow, blue, and green "official" cases. Yeah, I know there are no blue and green cases, (from google play anyway) but I went on ebay and bought the replica official cases. They're pretty good for $11 each.

11. Ed Briggs

Devices:
    Nexus 5, Ubuntu laptop
    Blasphemy! ;)

I wish I could find a better pic, but the ringke fusion crystal view case lets the red N5's beauty shine through. And it has awesome grippiness. It seems like it would protect from drops pretty well too. No way I'm covering up my red beauty.
    [​IMG]

12. Driftslave

Driftslave Member

Devices:
    Nexus 5
    I never was a fan of Crystal cases...they look ugly when they start to age and when dust/dirt manages to gets in between the phone and case.

Also, edit your post so you don't double post....basic forum stuff.

13. imS0ul

Devices:
    Bright Red Nexus 5 !
    Exactly. I had that one and I ended up selling it because dust got in and, even worse.. That material is a fingerprint magnet. When I see fingerprints... OCD kicks in, yo.

14. Driftslave

Driftslave Member

Devices:
    Nexus 5
    It's why I don't like non-matte finish cases. Glossy or crystal cases look great for a few weeks then deteriorate with time faster than any other case. What's the point of a case if I has to protect it?

If you got a Nexus 5, check out Spigen's cases.

If you need something really heavy duty, get the Slim Armor series, they just added a new version with a flip/smart cover.
    If you want good protection and style, get the Neo Hybrid. I'm currently rocking that in Red/Black on a Black Nexus 5.
    I recommend a tempered glass screen protector to protect your phone investment....nothing sucks more than a cracked screen.

Jieggz likes this.
  15. imS0ul

Devices:
    Bright Red Nexus 5 !
    I had the Neo Hybrid and it adds so much bulk (more than I would've liked anyway) to the phone I had to take it because I couldn't stand it. The only one I can use from spigen is the slimmest one. Can't remember the name though.

16. Driftslave

Driftslave Member

Devices:
    Nexus 5
    While I don't agree, I understand your point. The most important aspects to a case In my opinion are...

How does it feel in the hand? Matte finishes usually stick better in your hand so you wont drop it in the first place.
    How much protection does it offer? Bigger cases usually offer more protection with the offset of having more bulk.
    Any accessories? Things like a belt clip, screen protectors, and the like matter to the overall package and value imo.

For me, the case met my needs. For you it seems, it did not. But people have different needs so I respect that.

17. Ed Briggs

Devices:
    Nexus 5, Ubuntu laptop
    Fair enough, and to each their own. I live and work in a relatively dust/dirt free environment, so that isn't an issue for me. Yeah, it can be a fingerprint magnet, but a quick wipe on my shirt takes care of that. It's just great that there's a lot of choices out there to make us all happy.

imS0ul likes this.
  18. Phil Nguyen

Phil Nguyen Member

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    I'm using Puregear's Slim Shell on my Samsung Galaxy S3. Has been rocking with it for over a year, and has kept my phone in great conditions. The raised edges at the front, for me, personally, is a big win because I can place my phone face-down without much worries. :)

Here's the link to it. http://www.pure-gear.com/slim-shell-case-for-samsung-galaxy-s-iii-collection.html

I bought the white version because I have a white Samsung Galaxy S3. The case retains its white colour even after a year. It's a solid case if anyone's using a Samsung Galaxy S3 and is looking for a new case. :D

19. Yash Upadhyay

Yash Upadhyay Member

Devices:
    Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V Cm11 4.4.2
    Spigen Cases Are Always Premium Looking And Good Quality... Shock proof and Rugged Yet Beautiful

Attached Files:

20. imS0ul

Devices:
    Bright Red Nexus 5 !
    I really couldn't use my phone with that case. It adds so much bulk that I get sad from just holding my phone :(