What is your favorite U.S. carrier, and why?

Posted Apr 12, 2014 by Andrew Grush

?

What's your preferred U.S. carrier?

1. Verizon Wireless

8 vote(s)
    17.8%
  2. AT&T

6 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. Sprint

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. T-Mobile

20 vote(s)
    44.4%
  5. U.S Cellular

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  6. Other (will elaborate below)

7 vote(s)
    15.6%
  1. Notey

Notey Member Drone Droid

Verizon is the best for me, hands down. Tmobile is the best for device freedom. I'm with Verizon right now, and though they lock things down tighter than hell, they seem to be "trying" to make customers happy recently. The Nexus 6 is available on Verizon and almost every other major flagship out there. I got my note 4 free of charge, s5 and note 3 on a 3 gig shared data plan, unlimited text and calls for 180 a month. That's $60 per line, which isn't horrible for on contract pricing. I'm paying for the best coverage in rural America in my opinion.
    That being said, the very second that Tmobile service gets better here, I'm jumping ship. AT&T, sprint and the rest aren't even a thought in my mind. Been there, done that. Viva Tmobile!

2. Jackie Beene

Jackie Beene Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    Droid Turbo
    Out on my farm, I could only get coverage from Verizon. Also signed up and got unlimited data. Am grandfathered in and will stay with them as long as they honor my grandfathered status. Would consider T-Mobile if I ever lose my grandfathered status.

3. ute4aa

ute4aa New Member Drone Droid

Consumer Cellular. No contract. They piggy back on ATT. Excellent service. 99% of the time I'm on wifi. I hardly chit chat so don't need very much voice plan. I pay $24/month on a limited income.

4. Punisher

Punisher Member Droid Minion

Devices:
    Galaxy S6, Gear S watch, HTC One M8 (for work)
    I'm with AT&T and love their LTE coverage throughout California (even in remote places between major cities). I think T-Mobile is attracting lots of customers with their non-contract marketing strategy but AT&T is "copying" them or trying to at least.

5. Dudeclayton

Dudeclayton Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    S4 and Tab 3
    Tracfone bring your own phone 4g lte. Works great in any area where at&t and version are.

6. JamiePatty

JamiePatty Member Drone Droid

Devices:
    Lg stylo 2
    I've been using boost mobile since the 90s when the nextel walkie talkie was big, I've never been on a different network, I've never had an issue whatsoever. Because I'm grandfathered in my plan is 45 unlimited everything including data with no caps. I would recommend boost mobile to anyone.

7. AdroidReviwerDude

AdroidReviwerDude Member Drone Droid

Devices:
    Samsung Devices
    Verizon all the way! It has really great speed and data plans, talk and text is great! Some people get a little scared over the contracts, but I don't mind.

8. Kevin Sampson

Kevin Sampson Member Drone Droid

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Sprint with a whole lot of qualifiers. Sprint's CDMA network is a compatibility nightmare. I'm a complete nerd, so when I find out about a shiny new phone, I want it. The same thing is always true: Not compatible on Sprint's network. Sprint's service is kinda meh, but not terrible either. The selection of phones at the Sprint store is terrible too. So why is Sprint my top choice?

It is the only carrier that works for me. I use anywhere between 10 GB to 15 GB of data every single month on my phone alone. My wife's usage is about the same, so our total is likely around 20-30 GB per month. So having phone carrier that does not offer completely unlimited data just doesn't work for me. Sprint is the only carrier that does it -- and only because of the older plan that we're grandfathered in on and that is no longer offered to anyone. We're unlimited everything with no throttling and we still get discounts every two years if we wanna buy a new phone through the Sprint Store. I could get a Samsung Galaxy S7 right now for $200.00 for example. Not too shabby. And several carriers have dead zones in my town. AT&T and T-Mobile have a ton of problems there, so they're non-option for me. Verizon works just fine, but Verizon is stupidly overpriced and they don't offer an unlimited plan. We're paying a little over $100 for two lines completely unlimited. We'd get a lot less for $100 on Verizon.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  9. TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
    Why?

10. jljbtm

jljbtm New Member Scrap Metal Drone Droid

I hear people complain about their service often usually because they are not getting a signal in that area but my signal is then usually pretty good-good, and every time it's not Verizon. We only ever had Verizon since the beginning and always more reliable than someone else.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk