1. Join the forums

The Android Authority community is a great place to connect with other people from around the world who love Android.
    Why you should create an account?
    • Comment on articles and talk in our forums
    • Access to exclusive giveaways & contests
    • Collect Droids that can be redeemed for exclusive Android Authority apparel.
    • Get help from Android experts and other device owners.

Register or Login.

What can stop OTA

Discussion in 'Android Q&A' started by Darp, May 19, 2014.

1. Darp

Darp Member

Now i know there are many forms who have the answers but let's make a ultimate guide. For the ones i know after. If you install a ROM(DA) or flash any kernals. I do have a quesstion thogh will exposed will stop OTA as seen by me in some forums some say uninstalling it will do the trick but it doesn't so please answer that and don't forget to write the one you know or had experience that can stop OTA.

Thank you -Darp

2. imS0ul

imS0ul Member Protocol Droid

Devices:
    Bright Red Nexus 5 !
    Any kind of modifications to your phone will make it not recognise the OTA updates. There are some workarounds you can do, mainly in the root side of things but that's pretty much it!

3. AveragerootedANDROIDuser

AveragerootedANDROIDuser Member Drone Droid

Devices:
    Nexus 5, Galaxy ace 2, Digicel Dl600, BlueStacks, and a chinese knock off android tablet.
    Installing customs,aftermarket roms and even flashing any kernals on your device will stop you from receiving the latest android version update from your smartphone or tablet manufacture. The carrier you use can also affect you getting the latest update, you can fixed this by visiting the manufacture's support and downloading the update image(if available) and install to your device or you can install a custom rom that based off the latest android version.